Saturday, April 16, 2011

Maltesers squares: Never have enough of it!


 I just fall in love with all the candy and chocolate, you can see from my recipe list, that I like to use all of them if I have a chance. For this time, I just see the recipe in the book, and I want to make it.


 But I have a bad habit when reading  the recipe, I don’t read it thoroughly -*-, so I think that the recipe is a brownie or something like that, plus I didn’t remember how many grams of the Maltesers that I need for this sweet. So, even I want to make it about a month ago, I just had a chance to make it last week. Luckily that it’s very easy to make, doesn’t require a lot of equipment and you don’t have to bake it too, ^^.  It looks like chocolate fudge, but the taste is like a big chunk of Maltesers!!!!!!
As always, I made only half of the recipe, and using Japanese tofu pan (15X13.5X4.5cm) but I posted the full recipe for you (well, it’s very good and if you love to eat Maltesers and have someone to share it with, you will be happy to make a lot of it, haha). 
For the decoration part, I think that you shouldn’t skip it ^^, because it make the sweet more delicious and looks great. And if you in rush, you can place the sweet over the ice replacement (like me, you can see the blue one under the pan) before putting the pan in the fridge. The other advantage from using ice replacement is the sweet will cool quickly but the top of it won’t firm, so your extra Maltesers  will stick to the square easier, and they will stay in place when you cut the square too. 
I really have no suggestion for you on how to enjoy this sweet, hehe, because I know that you will find that the best way is to eat it lingeringly, or you will finish 2-3 pieces too quickly :)





Maltesers squares
Makes 20 small squares


50g/ 100g ................................ Butter, plus extra for greasing
100g/ 200g ................................ Milk chocolate (or dark if you like), broken into pieces
1 1/2tbsp/ 3 tbsp .............................. Golden syrup
115g/ 225g ................................ Digestive biscuits, finely crushed
115g/ 225g ................................. Maltesers
For decoration
50g/ 100g .................................. Maltesers
25g/ 50g .................................... White chocolate, melted
25g/ 50g .................................... Milk chocolate, melted

You can make only 1/2 of the recipe:
For 1/2 recipe use 15x15 cm pan
50g................................ Butter, plus extra for greasing
100g ................................ Milk chocolate (or dark if you like), broken into pieces
1 1/2tbsp .............................. Golden syrup
115g ................................ Digestive biscuits, finely crushed
115g ................................. Maltesers
For decoration
50g .................................. Maltesers
25g .................................... White chocolate, melted
25g .................................... Milk chocolate, melted






  Grease a shallow 20cm (8in) square cake tin with extra butter, and line, base and sides, with baking paper (I use plastic). In a medium pan, melt together the butter, milk, chocolate and syrup, stirring together until smooth.

  Add the crushed biscuits and stir until well coated in the chocolate mix. Add the Maltesers and stir together quickly so that the chocolate covering on the outside of the Maltesers does not melt. 
Tip into the prepared tin, press into an even layer and chill until set. 


Lift out of the tin, using the paper, and cut into small squares to serve. For a special occasion, before cutting, sprinkle with the chopped Maltesers, and drizzle with alternate lines of the melted white and melted milk  chocolate.
Dailydelicious note: Because I use the ice replacement, I can’t take the sweet out of the pan now, I decorate it and refrigerate until the sweet is firm.


Maltesers squares: Never have enough of it!

12 comments:

  1. These are looking delicious..I love maltesers and am capable of finishing loads of them...would give this recipe a definite try...you have a lovely space..and I am in awe seeing so many of your wonderful creations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! never seen these before but have no doubt it will be delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty and looks very yummy too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow marvellous squares, simply irresistible..

    ReplyDelete
  5. If i start eating your squares i'll never end haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maltesers! So tempting and irresistible. The details of how it is done for that mouth-watering end product is beautiful. I'm staring to have a craving just seeing those pics. I will definitely try it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi...When I mix the chocolate, butter and syrup together in this recipe the mixture ends up slightly lumpy not smooth is this correct?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think the heat may be too high, but may I ask what it taste like, good or bad ?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks yummy may try doin these 2morrow

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...