Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Easy Belgium waffle: No need to knead, and you still get a delicious waffle!

I know that many people afraid of making bread, or anything that using yeast ^^. Actually it's not hard to do it but when you don't want to why you had to do it, haha. So, when I saw this recipe, I really want to try it.

There are so many Belgium waffle recipes, many of them use yeast as a rising agent, but for this recipe, the only raising agent is egg, there is nothing more. You don't need a time to rest it so no time to waste ^^, very different from yeast base recipe.  
I used only 1 hour from start to finish , haha, most of the time went into preparation, not in mixing. The original recipe makes only 6 (I think it's not enough, because just after finishing my mom, my sister ate 2 pieces per person, haha, so 6 pieces won't enough). I double the recipe and you can double my recipe too (make twenty-eight pieces), because without yeast, you don't have to be afraid of time, the dough stay the same.
For the pearl sugar, if you can't find it just omit it, or crush the lump sugar into small pieces and use only the big one, ^^, it's not exactly the same but it will be good enough for the appearance and the taste. 
The flour for the recipe is bread flour, so you have to be careful when mixing, don't mix it too much if you don't want the waffle to be tough. Just mix it until combine and you will get delicious and chewy waffle, just like the one that using yeast.
You can make big or small waffle so I just can't tell you how many pieces you will get ^^, but I can be sure that you will get easy Belgium waffle for your afternoon treats (or morning if you want because it's very quickly to make, haha).



Easy Belgium Waffle
Make about 12-14 pieces (depend on the size of your waffle)

50g .................................. Unsalted butter
70g .................................. Crisco (white vegetable shortening)
2 ....................................... Eggs
120g ................................ Golden caster sugar
½tsp ............................... Vanilla extract 
.......................................... A pinch of salt
2tsp ................................. Crème Fraîche (or milk)
160g ................................ Bread flour
2tbsp ............................... Pearl sugar



Beat butter and Crisco together until soft, beat in the sugar and salt until light and puffy. Add the eggs, vanilla and beat to combine.
Fold in half of the flour, add the Crème Fraîche (or milk) and fold to combine then finishing with the rest of the flour.
Add the pearl sugar, and fold to combine.
Heat the waffle pan and put the dough into the pan. Close and cook as per manufacturer's instructions until golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes. Serve immediately.
Easy Belgium waffle: 
No need to knead, and you still get a delicious waffle!

21 comments:

  1. the batter looks quite thick and like cake batter.. mm but not too sure if i wanna use crisco for this, maybe use 100% butter?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely. I'm going to give this a try~ ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this look so nice! now i want to buy waffle maker! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I looove waffles!! Even more if i eat them with nutella and some double cream! Yours are just like always, perfect!

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oohhh... I need some chocolate, cream and strawberries to go with this and I'll be in heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those waffles tempts me a lot,sooo cute and yummy..

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh dear i need to get myself a waffle maker now! lol! beautiful waffles!

    ReplyDelete
  8. After seeing your post, I need a waffler maker now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Swee San
    For this recipe, using crisco makes the waffle softer, but if you really want to you can use 100%butter, but the waffle will be a bit heavy.

    Hi, Cathy
    Yes, you should try it, ^^.

    Hi, Sweetylicious
    Haha, many people told me that.

    Hi, Valerie
    Oh, your idea is great!!!!

    Hi, Wendy
    Hehehe, I think I need another batch of waffle.

    Hi, Jess
    Yes, and you will be happy ever after.

    Hi, Zoe
    ^^, yes, right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ican tell you that i'm the next person who feels like getting a waffle pan after seeing this!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just made your mini brown sugar muffins with the coffee glaze and totally loved it. THis looks like another recipe i would love to attempt. Stunning pictures as always! Very lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so good .... best serve with ice-cream and chocolate sauce. It's delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How sweet is that? What a fun giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Is it okay if I just use all regular flour instead of bread flour?

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks really delicious

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello!

    Can I substitute bread flour for all purpose flour?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi


    Can I use Ghee to substitute the Crisco?

    Huikee

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yes, you can use it instead of Crisco.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi,can I omit the Crisco?? Or any other ingredients that I can substitute it? Tqvm! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  20. You can use butter or clarified butter instead of crisco.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...