Thursday, March 31, 2011

Caramel Banana: Let me make you feel better!

The weather in Thailand is strange, it's too cold on the month of March (usually by now I will complain about the hot weather, ^^"), and it makes a lot of people worry.

 Anyway, I think that being worried won't make anything better, so I suggest "living as today is your last day on earth", or making today and everyday the best day of your life ^^, that's my motto.
So what I want to do when other people're worried, I will calm them down with delicious food, haha. And what will make people feel better than a bowl of ice cream with warm and delicious sauce on top of it. 
I make it many times, because of the sweet and bitter of the Caramel and Banana, it's so good when you combine it with ice cold ice cream. Some part of the ice cream will melt and turn into delicious custard sauce too.
You can choose any kind of the ice cream that you want to serve with, but for me vanilla or mild flavor ice cream work best as it will act as a base for this delicious sauce.
But you can eat it with other home made dessert too, like over the pancake, or waffle. You can put everything together, how about a dish likes waffle with vanilla ice cream and caramel banana, I think you will say "wow", right?
So what about making it right now, and serve it on a strange cold day like this, and find your own peace of mind, ^^ all I can say "Don't worried, everything will be alright!"




Caramel Banana
Serves 4
110g ................................ Brown sugar
70g .................................. Pecans
50g .................................. Unsalted butter, chopped
4 ....................................... Banana, sliced
60ml ................................ Whipping cream
.......................................... Ice cream, for serving (I use Double honey ice cream)
Pour the pecans in to the pan, and put the pan over medium low heat, stir until fragrance, put the brown sugar in the pan, stir until melt.


Add the butter and stir to combine, then cook until the butter foams.
Add the slices of the banana to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes until they caramelize.
Season with a pinch of salt stir in the cream and bring to just below boiling point.
Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly before serving.
Spoon over your favorite ice cream and "Enjoy!"
Caramel Banana: Let me make you feel better!

6 comments:

  1. Caramel banana looks out of the world..

    ReplyDelete
  2. This caramel bananas really look very yummy. Can I check with you how long can I keep it for in the fridge? Many thanks for sharing ...

    Renee ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is perfect for my ice cream party next week :) same as Renee, i wonder if i can make this the day before? and how long i can keep it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Cathy
    Thank you
    Hi, Priya
    Thank you
    Hi Renee and Cocoa
    You can keep it for 3 days in the fridge. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great addition to my collection. Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to try this especially for my family.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...