Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Chicken Farm Baker's Project # 25 : My Lover Say Cheese, Parmesan Cheese Cake




Say cheese!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well, I laughed when I saw the project, my friend has a lot of sense of humor ^^. But, I know that she really love cheese cake and it's my favorite too.


Anyway, I rarely make it, as I know that I will finish it all by myself (haha, I love every kind of cheese, so the by product of it such as cheese cake is good too). 
So, when I know that I will have to make the cheese cake for the Chicken Farm Project, I have an excuse for myself ^^. I choose to make the light one, but don't get me wrong, I didn't mean the light cream cheese or anything that have a light printed on the package. I really think that we can enjoy the real thing and stay healthy, the key is the moderation!.
So, my cheese cake is the one that called SoufflĂ© cheese cake, the cake contains a small amount of the cheese and rise in the oven from the help of the meringue.


But you can see that my cake has a crack on top, it can come from the folding that I did it too lightly, or my oven is too hot (well, or both of them, haha). Anyway, the result is not bad at all, the cake is light but the Parmesan flavor make the cake taste more interesting.


For the sponge cake you can use other recipe that you like (or you can buy it, if you don't want to bake it). But if you want to make it by yourself this recipe is easy and the texture of the cake is very good.
If you think that cheese cake must be something heavy or rich, I really want you to try this one, and you will believe me that cheese cake can be light and tasty too.






Parmesan cheese cake
Make 15 cm cake




Sponge Cake (for cheese cake base)
2 ...................................... Eggs
60g ................................. Sugar
60g ................................. Cake flour
20g ................................. Unsalted butter, melted


Cheese Cake (filling)
11g .................................. Raisin 
A - 100ml ...................... Milk
       38g .......................... Butter
       ½tsp ....................... Vanilla paste
       18g .......................... Parmesan cheese
       33g .......................... Cream cheese
       .................................. Lemon zest from ¼ of the lemon
25g ................................. Cake flour
10g ................................. Sugar
40g ................................. Egg yolks
Meringue
- 90g .............................. Egg whites
- 40g .............................. Sugar


......................................... Apricot jam for brushing the top of the cake


First make the sponge cake:


Preheat the oven to 180°C. 
Line the 15cm pan with baking paper.
Sift the flour and set aside.




Whisk the egg with the sugar over the hot water until warm and the sugar melt.
Take the bowl out of the hot water and beat with the hand mixer until thick and lighten (Thick ribbon stage), sprinkle the flour over the egg batter and fold to combine.
Pour the melted butter over the batter and fold to combine.



Pour the batter into the pan and bake the cake for 23 minutes.


Let the cake cool in the pan, then take the cake out and cut into 1 cm layer, keep the rest for use in other recipe.


Make the cheese cake:
Preheat the oven to 180°C. 
Line the 15cm cake pan with baking paper and line the side with paper too.
Place the sponge layer into the pan and sprinkle the raisin over the sponge cake.




Mix the flour and sugar together, set aside.
Pour the milk, butter, cream cheese, Parmesan cheese and vanilla paste into the pan and put over low heat until all the ingredients melt.
Pour the mixture into the flour mixture,and whisk to combine, follow with the egg yolks and whisk until smooth.




Beat the egg white with the sugar to make the meringue.
Fold the meringue into the egg yolk and cheese mixture in 3 batch, fold until combine.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
Place the pan over the baking pan, and pour the hot water into the pan until it come to 3/4 of the cake pan.


Bake for 30 minutes, then lower the temperature to 160°C and bake for 30 minutes more.
Note: You might need to cover the cake with the aluminium foil after baking for 30 minutes.




Take the cake out of the oven and let the cake cool in the pan.
When the cake is cool completely, brush with the apricot jam.



Chicken Farm Baker's Project #  25 : 
My Lover Say Cheese, Parmesan Cheese Cake 

5 comments:

  1. Hi Pook, the cheese cake looks soft and light, yummy. I just baked a cheesecake too but yet to post it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just baked a cotton cheesecake not long ago but have not tried to add parmesan cheese in it. Really can't wait to try your recipe, looks great.
    Please visit my new site and join a little giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks divine, nevermind a dumb ole crack - yum

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pook, ur cheesecake look lovely :)
    For the meringue, did u beat it until stiff peak or just under stiff peak?
    Thanx.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The meringue had been whipped until almost stiff is better ^^, mine is too stiff and it made the cake crack.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...