Thursday, August 14, 2008

Fusilli with tuna, capers and parsley

Ok, I’m a bit tried lately, maybe I had too much of dessert, haha. So, I really long for the real meal, real dish that will brighten me up and doesn’t weight me down. In fact my family likes to eat pasta but the hearty dish is too much for me, I want a light and low fat version of my pasta. This dish is like the answer, with a bit spicy and tangy taste. The best point is the ingredients are simple; you don’t have to travel far away than your cupboard and a refrigerator to get them. After that all you have the ingredients next thing you do is mixing them, what a good dish to make when you don’t want to do anything.
Fusilli with tuna, capers and parsley
Sevres 4


425 g (15 oz)
tinned tuna in springwater, drained
2 tablespoons
olive oil
2
garlic cloves, finely chopped
2
small red chillies, finely chopped
3 tablespoons
capers, rinsed and squeezed dry
15 g (3/4 oz)
chopped flat-leaf (Italian) parsley
3 tablespoons
lemon juice
375 g (13 oz)
fusilli
125 ml (4 fl/½ oz cup)
chicken stock
Put the tuna in a bowl and flake lightly with a fork. Combine the oil, garlic, chilli, capers, parsley and lemon juice in a small bowl. Pour the mixture over the tuna and mix. Season.
Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain well and return to the pan to keep warm.
Toss the tuna mixture through the pasta, adding enough of the hot chicken stock to make it moist.
Serves warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...