Saturday, August 23, 2008

Blackberry and Lime Sorbet: Tangy Refreshing

Because I really love to bake so I can’t help have a lot of frozen berry in my freezer, “what can you do when you want to make something and you lack of the ingredient” that is my idea. And what happen next is I end up have too much of it, so I have to find the way to use it instead (what an ironic situation, I never run out of berry but I nearly run out of the recipe, haha). This situation happens to my friend, too, and she turn too me (in fact I really want to say that I still don’t know what to do with mine neither, oh mine!) Any way after a bit of flip and flap the cookbook pages, I find out that sorbet is the great way to end the frozen berry life. There are a lot of berry in the sorbet to give its texture, and you can have it with so little guilt, because it’s fat free. You can use other kind of berry in this recipe just remember to adjust the sugar amount to suit your ingredients. This sorbet is so tangy and fragrance. So let clear our freezer and replace it with the delicious sorbet.

Blackberry and Lime Sorbet

Serves 4-6



180g -200g

caster (superfine) sugar

250 ml

water

700g

frozen blackberry (thawed)

60 ml

Lime juice

A pinch of salt


Place the sugar and water in a saucepan over low heat and stir without boiling until the sugar is dissolved. Increase the heat and bring to the boil for 1 minute. Set aside to cool.


Whizz the blackberry in a blender, and strain to remove the pit.


Combine the blackberry puree, lime juice, salt and the sugar syrup, refrigerate until cool (or put in the freezer for 1-2 hours).


Place the mixture in an ice-cream maker and follow the manufacturer’s instructions to freeze.

Adaptation from: Simple Essentials Fruit (Simple Essentials) by Donna Hay


Blackberry and Lime Sorbet

3 comments:

  1. Hi Pook,

    Nice Sorbet..without an ice maker, do u think it will turn out nice like yours. Would like to try this out. But I don't have an ice-maker :(

    Btw, last Sat, I tried out your Banana Cream Pie and it turned out yummy despite my cream was a bit runny. Thanks for the recipe and I have linked you in my post without prior asking your permission. Hope it is okay with you.:) Thanks for the many wonderful recipes you have shared with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Elinluv.
    You can try, because this sorbet use a lot of fruit puree, so the texture is quite good. I think that without an ice cream maker, you can make it.

    I glad you love the Banan Crean Pie, and it's looks great (I went to see it before answer you, Haha).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks absolutely DIVINE...might give this one a go.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...