Monday, August 11, 2008

Cocoa Brownies


My friend came to visit last week, and she wanted to try some of my chocolate recipe, in fact I could make my old brownie recipe but I took it as a chance to try a new recipe (haha, I always be like that). This recipe comes from ...................... again (ok, I fall in love with this book, it’s not the design of the book that touch my heart but the contents and recipes are great, I have to admit). The method is quite easy and the result is good, as always I reduce a bit of sugar (I use 210g of sugar, but I give you the original amount in the recipe). I find the taste of the brownies is better after one day of resting, and the texture is moister. It’s a good alternative recipe if you are run out of the chocolate bars and still want to make a good brownie.

Cocoa Brownies
MAKES 16 SQUARES


115g / 4oz
butter
45g / 1½ oz
cocoa powder (Dutch-Process Cocoa)
2
eggs, beaten
225g / 8oz
caster sugar
1 teaspoon
vanilla essence
55g / 2 oz
self-raising flour
(or ¼ tsp baking powder with cake flour)
115 g
any kinds of nut, chopped (I use cashews)
55g/ 2oz
chocolate chips

1 Heat the oven to 180°C/ 350°F/ gas mark 4. Grease and line the base of a 20cm/ 8 in square tin.


2 Melt the butter over a low heat, then stir in the cocoa powder. Leave to cool.


3 Beat the eggs with the caster sugar until pale, then fold in the cocoa mixture.
4 Stir in the vanilla then sift the flour over the mixture and fold in.


5 Spread half the mixture into the prepared tin and sprinkle with half the walnuts and chocolate chips. Cover with the remaining mixture then the rest of the walnuts and chocolate chips.
6 Bake in the centre of the oven for 30 minutes or until set. A wooden cocktail stick inserted into the centre should come out damp but should not have any uncooked mixture clinging to it.
7 Place the tin on a wire rack to cool before cutting into squares.

10 comments:

  1. These look so good. I just can not have a brownie with no walnuts in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is very nice. The brownies and the biscotti, in particular, look delicious. I love your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. just checking, is there an error in the amt (in oz) of SR flour?

    thanks.

    u have a lovely blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Peony
    Thank you so much.
    I just fix my error.
    The right amount is 2oz.
    Pook

    ReplyDelete
  5. hihi,
    i just tried out your cocoa brownies recipe ....
    i have a question..is the brownies suppose to taste sweet n the texture is a bit damp?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,Theresa
    The brownies are quite sweet and a little damp when just coming out of the oven but it will less sweet and firmer when you keep them for 1-2 days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are wonderful, even without nuts and chocolate chips. Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I baked this brownie with reduced sugar. It was a big hit. Thanks for sharing this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmm..such a mouthwatering photos. Thanx for sharing the recipe. I will try this tomorrow. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. These turned out great, cant wait to try your macaroons :)
    Great job with the blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...