Not that I want to change the theme of the blog, but everyone need a special delicious day include my dear Lady. She is a pug and now 4 years old, we are very close friend and she like good food too (she always happy with a good bagel), but she is allergic to chicken so she has to have a special food or treat that doesn’t contain chicken, and it’s really hard to find. I want to share this recipe for anyone who has a friend like Lady; you may want to do something special for him or her too. I got this recipe from.................. and I know that .......... is like me, he love his friends so much that he developed this recipe for them. I have a bone cutter box set so I cut the biscuit into the bone shape that she can hold while enjoy the biscuit but you can cut into any shape.
Special Reward Dog Biscuits
Make 30 dog biscuits (7.5x3.7cm.)
|340 g||whole wheat flour|
|340 g||bread flour|
|55 g||wheat germ|
|2 tablespoons||brown sugar|
|240 ml||vegetable oil|
|85 g||powdered dry milk|
1. Combine the whole wheat flour, bread flour, wheat germ, salt, and brown sugar in a large mixing bowl. Stir in the eggs and the vegetable oil.
2. Dissolve the milk powder in the water, then incorporate the mixture.
3. Mix to form a very firm dough that is smooth and workable. Adjust by adding a little extra flour or water as required.
4. Cover the dough and set it aside to relax for 15 to 20 minutes.
5. Roll the dough out to1.2 cm thick. Cut out biscuits, using a bone-shaped cutter measuring 7.5 x 3.7 cm. Place the biscuits on sheet pans lined with baking paper.
6. Bake at 190°C for approximately 40 minutes or until the bones are brown and, more importantly, rock-hard. Let the bones cool, then store them in a covered container.