I’ve been away from my kitchen for a few days—I was busy dealing with some issues caused by flooding.
It wasn't a recent flood, though; it happened five years ago. Floodwaters surrounded the house back then, and over time, the ground-floor tiles—including those in my kitchen—kept coming loose.
I tried to find someone to fix it for quite a while. Until recently, I had to spend a lot of time moving things around and giving the house a major deep clean. And now after finishing fixing, I can use my kitchen again.
I tried to find someone to fix it for quite a while. Until recently, I had to spend a lot of time moving things around and giving the house a major deep clean. And now after finishing fixing, I can use my kitchen again.
So, let’s celebrate the kitchen being back in action by making some simple treats together. This recipe is a raisin cookie—but we aren't making ordinary ones. I'm packing in as many raisins as possible (while keeping them delicious, of course, haha). In this recipe, we soak the raisins in hot water first. This adds moisture so they don't steal liquid from the cookie dough itself. Soaking them also reduces their intense sweetness; this means that even with such a huge amount of raisins, the cookies aren't cloying—just aromatic, tasty, and you get a nice fiber boost.
For this recipe, we chill the dough before baking to help it set; if you bake it immediately after mixing, the cookies will spread too much. You can even chill the dough overnight if that’s more convenient for your schedule.
Alright, let’s get baking and enjoy some delicious cookies to celebrate the kitchen repairs!
Raisin overloaded cookies
15 pieces
15 pieces
140 g ........................ Raisins
115 g ........................ Unsalted butter
1/4 tsp ...................... Salt
1/2 tsp ...................... Vanilla extract
50 g .......................... Brown sugar
100 g ........................ Granulated sugar
1 ............................... Egg
190 g ........................ Cake flour
2 g ............................ Baking powder
Pour hot water over the raisins and let them soak for 5 minutes.
Remove the raisins from the water. Press lightly to squeeze the water out of the raisins.
Place the paper on the tray and spread the raisins on it. Place another paper towel on top. Press lightly to blot up the water.
Set them aside while making the cookie dough.
Add both kinds of sugar and beat until combined.
Add the egg.
Beat until fully combined.
Sift cake flour and baking powder into the bowl.
Pour the raisins into the bowl.
Fold to combine.
Place the dough on plastic wrap and pat it into a block, approximately 15 x 9 cm. Refrigerate it for 1 hour.
Before baking, preheat an oven to 200℃
Divide into 15 pieces.
Roll each piece into a ball.
Place on a lined baking pan.
Bake for 12-14 minutes in the200℃ preheated oven.
Use a large, round cookie cutter, move it in a circular motion to shape the cookies.
Let it cool completely.
Raisin overloaded cookies























No comments:
Post a Comment