Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Knead it! Simple Scones

Lately, there was so much sadness around me ^^".
And I think that it's not easy to comfort people who face it.

The best that I can do is make a delicious thing for them, and I hope that they will know that I care about them. When facing all these problems, I have to keep myself strong, so I can be there for all of them too.
Today's sweet is a scone.
My favorite, your favorite, and many people's favorite, haha. If you read my scone recipes, you will see that most of the time, I will try to stop you from kneading it. But this time you can put all of your power into the scones!! 
You might want to ask me why?
As we prevent the flour (or protein in the flour) from developing gluten by cutting the butter thoroughly into the flour before kneading and with the right ratio of the flour, liquid, and fat, you can really knead it without any problem.
And the texture of this scone is so good, ^^, not too crumbly and not too chewy, it's the right base for more butter and jam. 
The only problem that I found was the scone can lose its shape easily while baking, as it is so fluffy. So, I suggest patting the dough not higher than 2 cm. (1.5cm is good) before cutting it, or you can use a knife to cut it into a large square to prevent the problem. For larger pieces, you will need 15-16 minutes of baking time instead. 


Simple Scones (knead it!)
Makes 12 small scones


200 g ................. All-purpose flour
35 g ................... Granulated sugar
7 g ..................... Baking powder
1/8 tsp ............... Salt
75 g ................... Unsalted butter, cool, and cut into 1 cm. pieces
50 g …………… Egg (about 1 small)
70 g ................... Whipping cream
........................... Whipping cream for brushing over the scone




Put the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt into a bowl and whisk to combine.


Put the butter into the bowl.


Mix with a scraper or fingertips.


Until the mixture resembles bread crumbs.


Put the whipping cream and egg into the bowl.


Mix until a dough forms.


Remove from the bowl.


Knead for 1-2 minutes.


Or until smooth.


Pat the dough lightly and cut it in half. 


Stack the dough together.


Pat into 1.5-2 cm. thickness. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.

Before baking preheat an oven to 200℃


Dip a 4.5 cm. Cutter into a bowl of flour. Cut the dough with the cutter.
Gather the scarp and cut until you use all the dough. You will get about 12 pieces.


Brush the top of the dough with whipping cream.


Bake for 14 minutes. in the 200℃ preheated oven.


Let the scone cool on a wire rack before serving.


Knead it! Simple Scones

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...