Thursday, August 25, 2011

Baked cheese cake:One recipe from my long, long lists ^^


If I say that I want to try this recipe for almost 10 years, will you believe me ^^? And I don’t know why, it’s not a hard recipe after all. 


 I got this recipe from the book “Le cordon blue dessert”, that I bought it from the book outlet in UK (in 2001), the first time that I went to UK. I came back with a suitcase full of cookbooks and it’s the starting point for me to collect cookbooks too. I never know that I’ll become obsess about books and baking this much ^^.
Just reading it and dreaming about making it or the taste of all the sweet or dish in these books make me so happy, so sometimes I read about it, feel happy and then I forgot about truly making it. And I end up with an expression “I want to try that a long time ago”, because I want to try everything, haha.
About 2-3 months ago (I can’t remember it exactly), someone asked me about the cheesecake recipe, and I realize that this one should be great. Because from the list of the ingredients to the method this one is not a heavy cheesecake, the answer to her request (I think, hehe).
The key to make the perfect bake cheese cake is the temperature, too much the cake will puff up and then collapse, too low it will take eternity to bake it and you will get dry cake. So, just take a good look while baking if it puffs too much, just lower the temperature a bit and the baking time will be longer. But keep it moist is better than drying it (you’re not making the meringue, right ^^). The cake is done when the top of the cake is spring when you touch it very lightly. My cake shrinks a bit but it still taste good ^^, so if yours is not perfect don’t worry you will love it anyway.





Baked Cheese Cake with Blueberry Compote
Make 5 (use Texas muffin tin)





Cheesecake
2 ............................ Eggs, seperated
50g ........................ Sugar
125g ...................... Cream cheese
125g ...................... Cottage cheese
½ tsp .................... Vanilla extract
................................ Grated rind of 1 lemon
30g ........................ Plain flour
2tbsp ..................... Sour cream



Blueberry Compote
225g ............................... Fresh blueberries
70g ................................. Sugar
15ml ................................. Lemon juice
3g .................................... Lemon zest 
4g .................................... Gelatin sheet




First make the blueberry compote:

Bloom the gelatin sheet in cold water.
Mix 110g of blueberry with lemon juice, lemon zest and sugar in sauce pan and bring to boil until they are soften (3-4 minutes).
Take of the heat and puree until smooth and pass the mixture through a fine sieve.
 Put the soften gelatin sheet in the hot mixture and stir in the rest of the blueberry, let the mixture cool completely.


Make cheesecake

Preheat the oven to 140°C
Butter the tins and set aside. (If using silicone muffin tins you don’t need to butter them).



Beat both cottage cheese and cream cheese until smooth, add the sugar and beat until fully combine.
Add the vanilla, sour cream and lemon zest, beat until combine.
Put the egg yolks into the cheese mixture, beat until combine, then follow by the flour, beat until combine and set aside.
Whip the egg white until stiff peaks form.
Fold the egg white into the cheese mixture in 3 additions.
Pour the batter into the tins and bake for 1½ hours or until the top of the cake spring back when touch lightly.


Let the cake cool in the tin for 1 hours, then let it cool on the wire rack.
decorated with the Italian meringue (if using) and top with the blueberry compote.


Baked cheese cake:One recipe from my long, long lists ^^

12 comments:

  1. Wat an elegant and incredible cheesecake..

    ReplyDelete
  2. This seems like a promising recipe! Looks great! I was wondering if the recipe wouldn't change too much if I replaced the cottage cheese with more cream cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  3. of what a beauty... So perfectly baked and looks truly delicious...wonderful clicks too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum...yum...
    Hi...I'm from Indonesia and have been your silent admirer for quite some time. Always love your work of art. Very pretty and elegant...I wish I've had your talent...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I like how you made them into mini cheese cakes - they sure look very pretty with the meringue sides and blueberry tops!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Pook, did you bake the cake again after decorating with the meringue? The meringue has a slightly baked appearance - how did you achieve that?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I use the blowtorch to burn the meringue.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can I use cake flour instead of plain flour?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, you can use cake flour but your cake will be less firm than mine ^^.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi

    I would love to make this cake for my hubby birthday this month. What will be right tin size to use if I follow the recipe? Do I need a spring form tin? May I know what temperature should I bake at and for how long?

    Sorry for these long list of questions but I really would love to make this for my hubby.

    Thank you v much!

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  11. You can use 1 8inches round cake pan, don't need to use spring form but line the pan with baking paper will help.
    The temperature is the same, but the baking time can be longer, check after baking for 1½ hours.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi

    I made the cake! It was a success! My hubby say its nice. The banking time for my oven is 1hr @ 140 degree. I used a heart shaped 8" tin :)

    Thanks alot for your help and this great recipe!

    Pat

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...