Friday, March 12, 2010

Double delicious: Mocha Hazelnut Truffles: Little treats for a peace of mind!


We may need some sweet in life, or you can say I really need it now. I have a little problem with myself lately (well, it just like there are a lot of bad things happen, and even thought it's not that bad, oh, I'm so confused with my feeling).  I think the chocolate can be my best friend,  both black and white, ^ ^.


For this moment I need comfort, (do you think I use a lot of this word lately?), I don't need the complex recipe or anything that take a lot of time (this is the same word, again,  haha). I don't want to temper the chocolate too, it's too much for me.
So, this recipe is the real answer, all I need to do is melt the chocolate and stir all the ingredient together. And to skin the hazelnuts is not hard to do, just bake them in a 350°F (175°C) oven until golden brown under their papery skins, 10 to 12 minutes. Let the nuts cool and then rub them vigorously (it make me feel great to do it, haha) in a clean kitchen towel to remove the loose skins (or if you have  skinned hazelnut, it's easier).
The original recipe use the Frangelico (the hazelnut liqueur), but I don't have it, ^ ^, so I use the Kahlua® ( I think the coffee liqueur will be great with all the coffee flavor in the truffle too).


This recipe is very good, the flavor of the coffee and the hazelnut get along very well with the creamy white chocolate. The texture of the truffle is very good too, it's firm and doesn't stick when rolling it. So, I think it's great for sharing too, you can warp them in the candy wrapper (they won't melt, How great!), and give some to your friend, (if you really want to, haha).
So, after searching for some comfort from my kitchen, I finally found it, little truffle on a lovely candy cups. I serve myself this truffle with a cup of coffee and close my eyes as I take it, oh, finally a little peace of mind.









Mocha Hazelnut Truffles 
Makes 36 (3/4-inch) truffles




Ingredients

12 ounces ....................................... white chocolate, finely chopped (I didn't chop, ^ ^)
1 teaspoon ..................................... instant espresso powder
1/3 cup .......................................... whipping cream
1 1/2 cups ..................................... hazelnuts (about 6 ounces), toasted, skinned, and finely chopped or ground
1 tablespoon ................................. Frangelico (hazelnut liqueur -I use Kahlua®)
........................................................ Powdered sugar, for dusting hands
........................................................ Fluted 1-inch paper candy cups (optional)

Method




1. Place the chocolate in a large bowl. In a small saucepan over medium heat, dissolve the espresso powder in the cream and bring to a boil. Pour the cream mixture over the chocolate and stir gently with a flexible spatula until the chocolate is melted and smooth. (If the chocolate does not melt completely, place the bowl over a pan of hot water and stir until smooth.)




2. Stir in 1/2 cup of the hazelnuts and the Frangelico (or Kahlua®). Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm enough to scoop, about 3 hours (if the weather is cool or your fridge is very good, ^ ^, it will take  only 30 minutes to 1 hour to be firm).





3. Line a baking sheet with waxed paper. Scoop out tablespoon-size portions of the chocolate mixture; place them on the waxed paper. If the mixture is too firm to scoop, let it stand at room temperature for about 30 minutes to soften.
4. Place the remaining 1 cup of hazelnuts on a plate. Dust your hands lightly with powdered sugar. Shape each scoop into a ball, then roll it in the nuts to coat. Place each truffle in a paper candy cup, if desired. 





Refrigerate the truffles between sheet of waxed paper in an airtight container for up to 1 week.




 Double delicious 
Mocha Hazelnut Truffles: Little treats for a peace of mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...