Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Lemon cake (slim pan)


Cute baking pans are my weakest point, I can't stop buying them.

I know that it's not necessary, but when I see a new shape (and size) of a pan, I always imagine what kind of sweet I want to make in that pan and etc. 
And at the end of this process, I will get a new pan, haha.

Lately, I'm crazy about the slim pan, after started buying it, now I have 5 of them (different in size ^^"). 
When buying a new pan, the most difficult thing for me is I have to calculate the amount of the batter for each pan.

And to make it easier, I always choose the most simple recipe for using as a testing recipe.
This time I made lemon cake in my new pan. The base of this recipe is the basic pound cake, but we added lemon juice, milk, and baking powder the texture of the cake is softer than the basic one.

I know that there are many lemon cake recipes on my blog, but as I love this flavor, you can be sure that there will be more to come, haha.
Anyway, not everyone loves to buy a new pan, so I add the amount of the ingredients that you need for an 18 cm. pan too (the truth is you can make a load of recipes with the 18 cm. pan, I'm not a good example, and now I have a big problem with my storage space.

But, will I stop buying, I think you know the answer, haha, the cute and small size of pans always win my heart. 



Lemon cake (slim pan)




Cake
65 (90) g .......................... Unsalted butter
1/8 (1/8) tsp ..................... Salt
65 (90) g .......................... Granulated sugar
1/2 (3/4) tbsp ................... Lemon zest
1/2 (3/4) tbsp ................... Lemon juice
65 (90) g .......................... Eggs
65 (90) g .......................... Cake flour
1/2 (3/4) tsp ..................... Baking powder
20 (30) ml ........................ Milk

Icing
50 (65) g .......................... Icing sugar
1-1 1/2 (1 1/2-2) tbsp ........ Lemon juice

Decoration
............................................ Pistachio
............................................ Lemon zest

 *The amount in the ( ) is for an 18 cm loaf pan





Preheat the oven to 170°C.
Line the 23×4.5×6.5 cm (or 18 cm) loaf pan with baking paper, and set it aside.


Put the butter into a bowl with salt and beat until smooth.
Pour the sugar into the bowl.


Put the lemon zest.


And the lemon juice into the bowl.


Beat until fluffy and light in color.


Add the eggs in 2 additions, and beat well.


Sift the flour and baking powder into the bowl. Fold to combine.


Pour the milk into the bowl.


Fold to combine.


Pipe into the prepared pan.


Bake in 170℃  Preheated oven for 30-35 minutes.
*For 18 cm loaf pan bake for 40-50 minutes.


Let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
Then remove it from the pan and let it cool completely.


Sift the icing into a bowl.


Mix with the lemon juice.


Decorate the cake with the icing, pistachio, and lemon zest.
Let the icing set before serving.




Lemon cake (slim pan)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...