Friday, April 8, 2022

Condensed Milk Custard

I tested this recipe four times before I decided to post it ^^.

I really love the taste of this custard but I thought that the texture of it could be better.

Well, it's very easy to make.

The first time that I made it, I warm the milk before mixing it with the eggs. And the finished custard had a lot of bubbles, I think it came from the egg whites and hot milk.
But the taste was very good ^^, so I had to make it again.

The second time, I didn't warm the milk, but I didn't notice that I set the oven temperature to 180!!!! And when I saw it the custard was baked for 30 minutes  -*- I couldn't do anything about it.

Anyway, I could make it at last, haha.

You can see that the baking time is quite long, but when you eat this creamy custard, I wish you agree with me that it's worth every minute. 



Condensed Milk Custard
Make 1 (15 cm. custard)


Caramel
1 tbsp ......................... Water
70 g ........................... Granulated sugar
2 tbsp ......................... Hot water

Custard
6 ............................... Eggs
1/8 tsp ...................... Salt
160 g ......................... Sweetened condensed milk
80 ml ........................ Whipping cream
400 ml ....................... Milk
1/2 tsp ........................ Vanilla extract



Preheat an oven to 150℃
Have ready 15 cm. pan.


Put the water and sugar into a saucepan. Place over medium heat.


Until it almost reaches the color that you want then pour the hot water into the pan.


  Remove from the heat and pour it into the pan.



Put the eggs, salt, and sweetened condensed milk into a bowl, and whisk to combine.


Pour the whipping cream, milk, and vanilla extract into the bowl and whisk to combine.


Place a tea towel in a pan, and place the prepared pan over it.


Pass the custard mixture through a sieve into the pan.


Pour hot water into the large pan.



Bake for 1.30-1.40 hours.


Remove from the water. Let it cool completely over a wire rack.


Cover and refrigerate for 12 hours before serving.


Run a knife around the edge of the pan.


Place a plate over the pan and flip the pan to remove the custard.


Condensed Milk Custard

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...