Saturday, January 29, 2022

Candied Orange Scones

The first thing that I have to say is I'm not busy at all, haha


But I spend most of my time baking, cooking, taking photos, shooting videos, and too lazy to edit them. As I always feel bored when sitting in front of the computer for a long time.
So, I have a lot of (unedited) videos on my hard disk and when time passed I started to think that they were not good enough for posting. Well, the reasons are coming from me ^^". As I try to learn about the lighting and color setting (when shooting videos) some of the videos came out too strange (esp. the color). 

Anyway, I'm still learning and trying to find the right setting for the light in my kitchen. And I hope that I will be able to make beautiful in near future, hehe.

Now let's talk about our scones.
Today's recipe is candied orange scones that I added candied orange peels into the cream scone recipe. If you want your scone to have a more orange fragrance you can put a drop of orange extract into the cream mixture (I use pure orange extract). 
Refrigerate the scone before baking helps keep the butter cool and it will make your scone rise beautifully in the oven.
Even this recipe is candied orange scone ^^, you can create a lot of variation by using other kinds of dried fruit too.


Candied Orange Scones
Makes 6-7 scones


60 g ................... Whipping cream
50 g ................... Milk
1tsp ................... Lemon juice (or vinegar)
130 g ................. All-purpose flour
70 g ................... Cake flour
1/8 tsp ............... Salt
2 tsp ................... Baking powder
1 tbsp ................. Granulated sugar
60 g ................... Unsalted butter (Cut into 1.5 cm cubes)
50 g ................... Candied orange peels
........................... Beaten egg for brushing over the scones




Mix the whipping cream, milk, and lemon juice together. Leave it for 15 minutes.

Put both kinds of flour sugar, salt, and baking powder into a bowl. Whisk to combine.

Add the butter and cut with a pastry cutter or mix with your fingertips.

Until the mixture looks like moist breadcrumbs. 

Put the candied orange into the bowl and mix to combine.

Pour the whipping cream mixture into the bowl.

Mix until a dough forms.

Press the dough.

Fold the dough 6-8 times.

Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.

Before baking:
Preheat an oven to 200℃ 

Cut the dough with a 5 cm. cutter.


Place on a baking sheet and brush the top with the beaten egg.


Bake in a 200℃  Preheated oven for 13-16 minutes.



Candied Orange Scones

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...