Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Strawberry, strawberry shortcake

I can tell you that I started to get use to all the situation around me, no kitchen, no problem, haha.

 I try to be optimistic that after 2-3 months I will get my dream kitchen ^^, so it keeps me happy inside. The other reason is no kitchen doesn't mean I can't bake or cook, I just need to move an oven to new space that suitable for baking and clear some space for prepping. And yes I can start baking like crazy again (until I need to move the oven again, but I think I will find the right place for it anyway, hehe).
Today, it's something I want to try a long time ago, a strawberry shortcake that made from strawberry chiffon. I make the chiffon cake using the strawberry puree and Freeze dried strawberry for adding more strawberry flavor into this cake without weighing down the batter. I use only 1g of Freeze dried strawberry for the recipe but you can use 2g of it if you want. The cake is easy to make as chiffon is easier than sponge so if you never made strawberry shortcake before try making it with chiffon cake is a good idea, and the result is delicious too ^^.



 Strawberry, strawberry shortcake
Makes 28x9cm cake

Cake
55g ................................. Rice barn oil (or any non flavor oil)
60g ................................. Egg yolks (about 3)
90g ................................. Egg whites (about 3)
100g ................................ Granulated sugar (A)
60g .................................. Granulated sugar (B)
135g ................................ All purpose flour
1/4tsp ............................ Baking powder
1/4tsp ............................ Salt
1g .................................... Freeze dried strawberry
40g ................................. Strawberry puree
40ml ............................... Milk

Filling and frosting
100g .............................. Simple syrup
500ml ............................ Whipping cream
50g .................................. Icing sugar
250g ................................ Fresh strawberry

Preheat the oven to 180°C
Line 30 cm cake pan with baking paper.
Sift flour with baking powder together.
Mix milk and strawberry puree together. 

Beat the egg yolks with  sugar (A) until light, add salt and pour the oil and milk and strawberry mixture into the bowl and mix until combine.
Pour the flour mixture into the bowl mix until combine.
  Whip the egg white egg white until frothy, slowly add the  sugar (B) and whip until stiff peaks formed.
Put the freeze dried strawberry into the bowl. Fold the meringue into the batter in 2 or 3 additions until combine.

 Pour into the prepared pan, tap it gently 2-3 time to remove large air pockets and bake for 18-20 minutes or until the top spring back when press lightly.
Let it cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then remove from the pan and let it cool completely on a wire rack.
Cut the cake into 3 pieces.
Whip the whipping cream with icing sugar until soft peak formed.
Place one piece of cake on a plate, sprinkle the syrup over the cake, spread the whipped cream on the cake and place the strawberry on the whipped cream. Repeat with another piece of cake, syrup, whipped cream and strawberry.
Place the last piece on top and cover top and side of the cake with the rest of the whipped cream.
Decorate as you like ^^.


Strawberry, strawberry shortcake

7 comments:

  1. Oh my, this looks so good! Very smooth and creamy. I definitely want to try this <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi
    can you tell me whether your whipping cream is the cream that has 35 0r 40% fat content. Thanks
    lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi, thank you for your quick response. I will bake this yummy cake for my girlfriend. she is 54 year young and she loves strawberry. thanks again
    lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Wow Happy birthday to your girlfriend in advance, hope she will love it ^^.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Wow Happy birthday to your girlfriend in advance, hope she will love it ^^.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!! this blog is cute...beutiful... congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...