Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Macaron à la rose: My life is sweet!

 This cute little cookie is so  adorable, and there are many possibility in flavoring it.  Making macaron is something I love to do ^^. 

This time I just go for something so sweet, both in appearance and flavor, "Rose". The pale color of macaron and a rose petal is show stopping, and rose fragrance from the buttercream is intoxicated, well you can imagine that you're in the rose garden. 
Actually I try to make it many time (3 batches), well, most of them were disaster, because they cracked or didn't have feet at all, and it made me wonder. Until I remember that the problem could come from the fact that I use new brand of almond powder. My macaron batter are runny even I believed that I didn't over work it. I didn't know what when wrong.
But I'm lucky enough to remember that my friend once told me that this kind of problem can come form the moisture in the almond powder too (Thank You Bau). 
I never had to dry the almond powder before using it, just put them in the food processor is enough for me, but if it's the way to make thing right I try ^^.
And yes, I can get back on track again, my macaron come out of the oven beautifully.
If you have the same problem, drying the almond powder is a thing to try. Just preheat the oven to 150C and place the almond powder on a baking sheet, put the sheet into the oven and turn off the heat, you will need 5-10 minutes or until your almond powder is dry (it will be easy to rub between your finger without pack into a large crumb).
For the look of my macaron, if you want to recreate it use the petal from the rosebuds tea , and don't worry that it's gonna be hard and brittle because, it will be soften after baking and refrigerate, you won't believe it's a tea.
Well, finally I can make macaron again, haha, and I hope you will love this little cookie too.




Macaron à la rose
Ready to enjoy!

Macaron à la rose
Makes about 25 pairs

 Rose macaron
60g ................................ Almond powder
90g ................................ Icing sugar
50g ................................. Egg whites 
33g ................................. Sugar
......................................... French pink rosebuds tea 
......................................... Pink food coloring
La crème au beurre à la rose
60g ................................. Egg
40g ................................. Sugar
115g ................................ Unsalted butter, soft
¼ tsp .............................. Rose water 


Combine the confectioners’ sugar and almond flour in a medium bowl. If grinding your own nuts, combine nuts and a cup of confectioners’ sugar in the bowl of a food processor and grind until nuts are very fine and powdery.
 Beat the egg whites in the clean dry bowl until they hold soft peaks. Slowly add the granulated sugar and beat until the mixture holds stiff peaks.


Add the color, and whisk to combine. Sift 1/3 of the almond flour mixture into the meringue and fold to combine. 


Sift in the remaining almond flour in two batches. Don’t overfold, but fully incorporate your ingredients.
 Spoon the mixture into a pastry bag fitted with a plain half-inch tip (Ateco #806).
Pipe 3.5 cm rounds onto baking sheets lined with nonstick liners (or parchment paper).

When you’ve pipe out all the macarons lift each baking sheet with both hands and then bang it down on the counter (you need to get the air out of the batter), place the rose tea petals on top of half of the macarons.
Set aside for 1 hour. After 1 hour the top of the macarons will be dry, and ready to bake.
Preheat oven to 150°C. Bake for 16 minutes (baking time can be varied, from 12-15 up to your oven) or until firm to the touch. Remove from oven and cool on trays. Slide a knife under each macaroon to release from paper. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week or until ready to assemble.


Make the rose butter cream:


 Put egg and sugar in a bowl over a pan of simmering water.
Beat until thick and very warm to touch (the temperature will be about 60 C).
 Take the bowl out of the pan and beat until cool.
Add the butter about 1 tbsp at a time, until fully combine.
Add the rose water (the amount of it, will depend on you, ^^, if yours is very fragrance you may need less), and pink coloring, beat until fully combine.




Sandwich the macaron shells with the rose buttercream. Refrigerate for 1 hour to firm up the buttercream and serve.


Macaron à la rose: My life is sweet!

13 comments:

  1. Have you made ​​a perfect, they are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow...! Your macarons are so lovely! I've tried making them once but it was a disaster!! Good tip about the almond powder. Btw, just love your blog. Been following you for a while....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Assunta
    Thank you

    Hi, Faeez
    Haha, I have many disaster too ^^", but you know we have to keep on trying and you can make it at last.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! how wonderful! you managed to bake the shells wih rose petals on top without browning or burning them! now that's quite a feat

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmm you gave me an idea to dry my almond powder too because mine always clumps and i don't have feet! love the rose petals on your shells - look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the recipe. :) I made the plain ones over the weekend and the feet formed nicely. I think the tip about the almond powder really helped. Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi first time here - I have fallen in love with these beauties!!! simple irresistible - LOVE the color!!!! cheers, priya

    ReplyDelete
  8. I luv your mac... I have tried 6 times... and all turnout a disaster.. hahaha.. but definitely will try again after seeing your mac.. luv the roses on top.. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, mamazieza
    Oh, you will have to try again ^^, I know that it's hard to get a grip at first, but you will get better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty macarons you have here! May I know normally you bake your macarons on upper or lower tray in your oven? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have pretty macarons here! May I know do you bake your macarons on upper or lower tray in your oven? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I bake my macarons on center tray of the oven, I use only lower heat.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...