Thursday, November 8, 2007

About Jamie Oliver



I really didn’t pay attention to him when he launched his first about 8 years ago, I thought that Jamie Oliver was just a young famous chef that didn’t have much to care for. I didn’t buy his book, didn’t watch his program, at that time the new faces were many. So, I didn’t think he is special. Until about 3 years ago, I subscribe to ABC Delicious magazine, and I started read his recipes. I have to admitted that I like him, reading his recipes is funny and relax (I read cookbook more than novels or may me I think it’s some kind of the novel). Don’t have to feel stress when cooking, all things comes naturally that what he make me feel. Now I have 4 of his books,

The Naked Chef

The first cookbook from Jamie Oliver, lively and funny.

JAMIE'S ITALY
Easy style Italian food.

COOK WITH JAMIE: MY GUIDE TO MAKING YOU A BETTER COOK

This cookbook is a fund rising for Fifteen Foundation that Jamie Oliver found to help teach people who have a problem to be a chef and working in Fifteen restaurant after they have trained.

Jamie at Home: Cook Your Way to the Good Life

This cookbook focus on organic food because Jamie Oliver start to grow vegetable and rise chicken too.

The recipe that introduce him to me is “Pasta with Olive and Fresh Cherry Tomato” from ABC Delicious magazine (I’m sorry that I can remember the issue and too lazy to search from the large piles of my magazines). I make it so often, it becomes my favorite, this of the recipe is like his style easy and fresh and I really love it.


Pasta with Olive and Fresh Cherry Tomato





Pasta (I use fusili) 1 C

Pitted dark olive (chopped) ¼ C

Cherry Tomato (cut in half) ½ C

Bell pepper (diced)

(this is my own version) ¼ C

Extra virgin olive oil

Salt, pepper

Parmesan cheese


Put olive, cherry tomato and bell pepper in a bowl, sprinkle with extra virgin olive oil and salt, toss a little bit. Boil the pasta in salted water according to the package instruction. When the pasta ready, take them out of the water and add the pasta into the prepared bowl immediately. Toss the entire ingredient together; adjust the taste with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with freshly grated Parmesan cheese. This makes one dish for one person.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...