So, I end up using them for other things more than making canelés, haha.
But this time, I used them for their intended purpose, hehe, because I made coffee-flavored canelés! This mold is my favorite size. Because I wanted them to match my recipe perfectly, I was initially going to buy copper molds (I already have 10 of them), but seeing this Chiyoda pan made me change my mind. The pan is pretty, and its silicone coating prevents the canelés from sticking if you use just butter or cooking spray.
I think this size is just right. The 5.5 cm size sometimes feels a bit too big, but the main reason I bought it was probably just because I wanted to buy more molds, haha.
This is also a way to show off the new pan in my collection, with the coffee canelé recipe as a bonus! After making canelés several times, I find this baking method my favorite. This method uses a gradual baking process, from high temperature to low. The crust sets before the inside fully cooks, and this makes a delicious chewy texture. And the crust is crispy at the same time.
Coffee Canelé
12 pieces (4.5 cm.)
Canelé batter
45 g ...................... Egg yolk
17 g ...................... Egg whites
1/8 tsp .................. Salt
140 g ..................... Granulated sugar
15 g ....................... Unsalted butter
12 g ....................... Instant coffee
280 g ...................... Whole-milk
70 g ....................... All-purpose flour
17 g ........................ Coffee liqueur
For preparing the molds
................................ Unsalted butter or oil spray
Put the egg yolks, egg whites, and salt into a bowl and beat to combine. Pour half of the sugar into the bowl and beat to combine.
Pour the rest of the sugar into the bowl and beat until combined.
Put the butter, instant coffee granules, and milk into a medium pan.
Place the pan over medium heat, and stir it from time to time until the butter melted, and the mixture is around 75℃.
Pour the hot milk mixture into the egg mixture gradually (or divide into 4 additions), and stir the mixture until fully combined.
Sift the all-purpose flour into the bowl.
Whisk to combine.
Pour the coffee liqueur into the bowl and stir to combine.
Pass the batter through a sieve into another bowl.
Cover and refrigerate it for at least 12 or up to 24 hours.
Before baking, return the batter to room temperature.
Preheat the oven to 250℃. Using upper and lower heat.
Have ready 12 of 4.5 cm wide x 5 cm high. Canelé mold.
You can use a copper or non-stick Canelé mold.
Brush the Canelé mold heavily (^^) with butter. Or use an oil spray to grease the molds.
Pass the batter through a sieve into a jug. Pour the batter into the prepared molds.
Bake in the 250℃ preheated oven for 15 minutes.
Decrease the oven temperature to 200℃. Bake for 30 minutes.
Switch to the lower heat only (or cover with a piece of aluminum foil).
Bake for 15-20 minutes more or until the Canelé is a deep brown.
Remove from the oven and tap the Canelé out of the molds.
Let the Canelé cool before serving.
Coffee Canelé























No comments:
Post a Comment