Friday, August 7, 2026

Chocolate and Nut Butter Cake

 
I have so many recipes that I want to try, but because there are so many, sometimes I just forget about them completely.



When I start a new recipe notebook, sometimes I copy recipes to the new notebook, but some recipes I completely forget until one day I open an old notebook and realize, "Hmm... this recipe is really worth trying!"
This recipe is the same. I wrote it down probably 3-4 years ago. The other day, when I was opening my notebook to find other recipes, I read it. Finally, after writing it down (and copying it again and again) but never making it for so long, I finally made it. The first batch was not bad, but I wanted to make it richer and more yummy. So, I added more chocolate, nuts, cream, and milk. They make the cake moist and delicious.

It's a rich butter cake that's not overly sweet, but what makes it so delicious is that I packed it with chocolate and nuts. If you look at the weight, you can see that the combined weight of the nuts and chocolate is almost equal to the weight of the flour! Haha.
This time, I used pecans and macadamia nuts. Personally, I love these two types of nuts, but if you prefer other nuts, you can use them too, like walnuts, cashews, and almonds. Basically, it's all up to you!
Because I wanted it to look appetizing and to enhance the chocolate flavor, I drizzled the top of the cake with dark chocolate. But it's not necessary because it's delicious even without adding extra chocolate.


Chocolate and Nut Butter Cake
18 x 6 x 6 cm 


55 g ......................... Your favorite nuts. (I used macadamia and pecans.)
40 g ......................... Dark chocolate
15 g ......................... Nuts for topping (Raw)
90 g ......................... Unsalted butter
1/8 tsp ..................... Salt
68 g ......................... Granulated sugar
68 g ......................... Eggs
90 g ......................... Cake flour
1/4 tsp ...................... Baking powder
20 g .......................... Whipping cream
15 g .......................... Milk

For decoration
.................................. Dark chocolate


Before baking, preheat an oven to 180℃
Line an 18 x 6 x 6 cm pan with baking paper.

Bake nuts in a toaster oven for 7 minutes. Coarsely chop the nuts and set aside.

Coarsely chop the chocolate and set aside.

Coarsely chop the nuts (for topping) and set aside.


Sift the cake and baking powder together and set aside.


Put the butter and salt into a bowl. Beat until smooth. Add the sugar gradually and beat until fluffy and light in color.


Add the eggs gradually and beat until fully combined.


Add half of the sifted flour mixture and fold to combine.


Pour the whipping cream and milk into the bowl and fold to combine.



Put the rest of the flour mixture into the bowl with the chopped nuts and chocolate.


Fold to combine.



Put the batter into the prepared pan. Tap the pan to remove air bubbles. Make a slope from both sides of the pan to the center (the center will be the lowest part). 


Top with the chopped nuts.


Bake for 45 minutes in the180℃ preheated oven.

Remove from the oven and tap the pan lightly. 



Cool in the pan for 10 minutes.


Remove from the pan and let it cool completely.


Drizzled with melted dark chocolate.



Chocolate and Nut Butter Cake




No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...