Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Almond tuile cookies


 I can't remember the last time that I posted a cookie recipe, it's a long time ago, haha. 

I make a lot of cookies every week, but most of them are repeat recipes (that I already posted), and if the new recipe that I tried was not good enough you won't see it on my blog,^^.
For one 3-10 minutes video that you see on my channel, I have to spend many hours (or days) testing the recipe. Because it's fun for me to be in the kitchen, I don't feel any pain but sometimes I just think that I take too much time for one video, haha.

And this recipe is the same, I made it many times before deciding to shoot the video. But it's a small recipe (and it's delicious) making it, again and again, is not a problem.
It's not hard to make but paying attention to each step will make your cookie more delicious. 
I choose thick-sliced almonds for this recipe as it makes the cookie more beautiful. I weigh the batter instead of using a spoon to divide it because the size of the tuile and the baking time will be more precise when they are the same weight. 

As the tuile cookie is thin, the baking time will be varied, start checking at 14 minutes is recommended. 
Keeping it in an air-tight container is a must to keep the cookie crisp. 

 

Almond tuile cookies
Makes 12 pieces



55 g .......................... Sliced Almond
25 g .......................... Unsalted butter
10 g .......................... Cake flour
40 g .......................... Granulated sugar
1/8 tsp ...................... Salt
30 g .......................... Egg white
1/2 tsp ...................... Vanilla Extract


Bake the sliced almond in the toaster oven for 5 minutes. Let it cool completely before using.

Melt the butter and let it cool completely before using.

Sift the cake flour into a bowl.

Add the sugar, and salt and mix to combine.

Put the sliced almond into the bowl and mix it together. 

Add the egg white in 2 additions, and mix to combine. Pour the vanilla extract into the bowl and mix to combine.

Pour the melted butter into the bowl and mix to combine.

Rest the batter in the refrigerator for 2 hours.

Preheat the oven to 170℃.

Line baking sheets with baking paper.

Spoon the batter onto the baking sheet about 13 g per piece, you will get 12 pieces.

Spread the batter into a 7 cm. circle

Bake in the preheated oven at 170℃ for 14-15 minutes.

Place on a rolling pin and press to curl it while the cookie is still hot.

Let the cookie set.

After the cookie sets remove it from the rolling pin and let it cool completely on a wire rack.




Almond tuile cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...