Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Blueberry cream cheese muffins


It rains almost every day in Thailand.


And for me the first problem is I use natural light in shooting the video, so it's not easy for me to shoot when there is no light. Well, I also have the lightbox, but I'm not good at setting the light (and editing it) so you can see that the light in my video is not constant ^^". Anyway, I will try my best next time, haha.

Today's sweet is a simple muffin. But this one is a Japanese style, it's softer and moister than the American style. My family loves this kind of muffin because of the fluffiness and it can be kept longer too (I think it's close to butter cake ^^).

I replace some of the butter with cream cheese and add cream cheese pieces as a topping. You can use more than 5-7 grams of cream cheese per piece but I think I don't want to spoil myself too much, haha. 
If using the frozen blueberry you don't need to defrost it, anyway your baking time can be longer than mine.



Blueberry cream cheese muffins
Makes 6 muffins


Muffin batter
100 g ...................... Cake flour
1 tsp ....................... Baking powder
40 g ........................ Unsalted butter
1/8 tsp .................... Salt
30 g ........................ Cream cheese (return to room temperature before using)
75 g ........................ Granulated sugar
1 ............................. Egg
20 g ........................ Plain yogurt
20 g ........................ Milk
50 g ........................ Blueberry (fresh or frozen)
Topping
12-15 ...................... Blueberry (fresh or frozen)
30-40 g ................... Cream cheese (5-7g/piece)




Before baking, preheat an oven to 180℃

Line 6 muffin pans (6.3x3.2 cm./cup) with paper cups.


Sift the flour and baking powder together, and set aside.


Beat the butter, salt, and cream cheese until smooth.
Add the sugar gradually and beat until fluffy and light in color.


Add the egg gradually and beat until fully combined.


Pour half of the sifted flour into the bowl and fold to combine.


Mix the yogurt and milk together.


Pour the yogurt mixture into the bowl and fold to combine.


Put the rest of the sifted flour into the bowl and fold to combine.


Put the blueberry into the bowl.


Fold to combine.


Divide the batter into the prepared pans.


Press the blueberry and cream cheese onto the top of the muffins.
Bake for 23 minutes in the 180℃ preheated oven.


Let the muffins cool completely on a wire rack before serving.



Blueberry cream cheese muffins

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...