Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Simple Sandwich Bread


I think that there are still a lot of things to learn and I learn something new every day ^^.

Right now, I'm having fun with flour. 

As I told you before that when I started baking, there were 2 or 3 brands of flour in the market but now it's easier to get different types of flour. 
The flour with different percentages of protein, ash, or moisture acts differently even in the same recipe ^^. And I'm so excited every time that I taste it.

After testing (or you can say playing with them), I hope that I will find the favorite type (or types) of flour that I will love to use again and again but now it's an experiment period for me.

This simple bread is one of the reasons for me to have more than one type of flour in my kitchen. Just changing the flour and the taste of the bread is different! 

Well, even if I say that it's simple, this bread is DELICIOUS, haha. With a tablespoon of milk powder, it fills the bread with a lovely milk fragrance (anyway, not too much).  The liquid in this recipe is water so the crumb is soft but chewier than the one that uses milk.

You will see more bread recipes ^^, but I hope that you will enjoy it as much as I do!




Simple Sandwich Bread
18.5 x 9.5 x 9 cm. loaf pan 


240 g .................... Bread Flour
20 g ...................... Granulated sugar
3.6 g ..................... Instant yeast
12 g ....................... Milk powder
4.3 g ..................... Salt
160-165 g .............. Water*
20 g ....................... Unsalted butter
............................... Unsalted butter for brushing the bowl and the finished bread

* You may need more or less water depending on the bread flour that you use.



Put the bread flour, milk powder, sugar, and instant yeast into a bowl.

Whisk to combine. Add the salt and whisk to combine.


Pour the water into the bowl, and mix until fully combined.

Remove the dough from the bowl. 

Knead for 7-8 minutes or until the dough passed the windowpane test.

Put the unsalted butter into the dough.

Knead for 5-6 minutes.

And roll the dough into a ball.

Brush a bowl with unsalted butter and put the dough into the bowl.

Cover loosely with plastic wrap and let it rise for 1 hour.


When the dough is ready.

Cut it into 3 equal pieces.

And roll each piece into a ball.

Cover and rest before shaping for 20 minutes.

Brush 18.5 x 9.5 x 9 cm. loaf pan with butter.

Roll each of the dough into 12 x 18 cm.

Fold the dough from both sides to the center.

Roll the dough.

Put the dough into the prepared pan.

Put the dough into a large plastic bag and let it rise for 1-1.15 hours.

Before baking, preheat an oven to 190℃. Using upper and lower heat.

The dough is ready when it rises about 1.5-2 cm. above the pan.

Bake for 10 minutes.

Use only lower heat or cover the top of the bread with foil.

Bake for 20 minutes more.


Tap the pan on the table.

Brush with the melted butter.



Let the bread cool completely on a wire rack.




Simple Sandwich Bread

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...