Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Happy morning with me: Chocolate chips muffins

 After I receiving the message asked me about the chocolate muffin recipe, I started to realize that I never made it before. 

 Simple and delicious muffin is a stable recipe ^^, well I think I need one with chocolate chips now, haha. There are a lot of muffin recipes, and I heard that someone don't like the muffin because it's dry. Because many recipes use less butter than cake, so they meant to be served warm or hot from the oven. For me, I love muffin that quite rich (the low butter one too dry for my taste), a lot of butter and cream, yummy! So, this one is close to butter cake than original muffin. Using cinnamon or not is up to you ^^, for me it gives me warm fragrance that make me feel good. 
Serve this muffin with a cup of hot coffee is recommended, and I wish you "A great morning and a happy day" 

Chocolate chips muffins
Makes 8



Crumble
15g ................................. Brown sugar
15g ................................. Granulated sugar
25g .................................. Unsalted butter
45g .................................. All purpose flour
10g .................................. Finely chopped nut (I use almond)
15g .................................. Chocolate chips
1tsp ................................. Milk
......................................... A pinch of salt
.........................................  A pinch of  Cinnamon (Optional)

Muffin
50g .................................. Chocolate chips
130g ................................ All purpose flour
1tsp ................................. Baking powder
1/4tsp ............................. Baking soda
65g ................................. Unsalted butter
50g ................................. Granulated sugar
......................................... A pinch of salt
1 ..................................... Egg
1/2tsp ............................. Vanilla extract
1/2 cup ........................... Sour cream
1/4tsp ............................. Cinnamon (Optional)


Preheat the oven to 180°C
Sift the flour with baking soda and baking powder (if using cinnamon sift together with the flour), set aside.
Line the muffin pans with paper cup.
 Make the crumble by mixing all the ingredients together until moisten, and small crumbs formed. Set aside until ready to use.  
 Beat the butter with sugar and salt until light in color. Add the vanilla extract, egg, beat to combine after each addition.
Pour half of the flour into the bowl, fold to combine, pour the sour cream into the bowl fold to combine. Pour the rest of the flour with chocolate chips, and fold to combine.


Spoon into the prepared pans and top with crumble.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the toothpick insert into the center come out clean.


Happy morning with me: Chocolate chips muffins

1 comment:

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...