Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Peanut Butter Cookies: One cookie, two cookie, I think you never have enough of these.

By now everyone know that I love peanut butter (and my friends make fun of me about eating it in a jar, haha), but because my love is real, I have to admit "I really eat it for a JAR!".
  
I don't think that my love for the peanut butter will be any problem, right? ^^  Except the fact that you will see a lot of the recipes which call for the peanut butter in my blog. For this time the recipe come from:.....................  I really love this book  Most of his recipes are reliable and yes the most important thing, it's delicious! 


Like this cookie, it's very good, esp. for the people who love the peanut butter (like me), the taste of the cookie is balance, not too sweet and a bit of salt makes this cookie addicted. But even I'm always believe in his recipe, I make a bit of adjustment in the ingredient list. The original recipe calls for the smooth peanut butter only,  but I need some crunchiness (but I'm too lazy to roast the peanut and add them in the cookie, haha), I choose the easiest way, I use 100g of the crunchy peanut butter ^^.
So, you can follow my adaptation and have somethings to chew or use the smooth peanut butter for the super smooth taste, the choice is yours.






Peanut Butter Cookies
Makes 30 cookies



175g.................................. All purpose flour
1tbsp ............................... Baking powder
¼ tsp .............................. Salt
115g ................................ Unsalted butter, melted
85-100g ........................ Granulated sugar, plus more for coating the cookies
120g ................................ Light Brown sugar
160g ................................ Creamy peanut butter (not natural-style) 
100g ................................ Crunchy peanut butter
1 ....................................... large egg 



In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.





Beat the butter, granulated sugar and light brown sugar together until smooth.
Add the peanut butter and beat to combine.



Beat in the egg. Add the flour mixture and mix just until the dough comes together.
Cover and refrigerate the dough for at least 2 hours or up to overnight (The rest gives the ingredients time to melt so the cookies bake up especially softy and chewy.) 


 


Preheat the oven to 175°c.
Line 2 baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Pour some granulated sugar into a small bowl.
Pinch off pieces of dough and roll them into 3 cm. balls. Roll the balls in the granulated sugar and place them 8cm. apart on the prepared baking sheets. When you've filled the baking sheets, flatten and make a crosshatch pattern on each cookie by pressing down on the ball with the back of the tines of a fork.


Bake, rotating the baking sheets midway through baking, until the cookies begin to brown around the edges but the center still look somewhat uncooked, 9-10 minutes. (Remove them from the oven before they look done so they'll stay chewy once cooled)
Line the cookies cool on the baking sheets until firm enough to handle, then use a spatula to transfer them to a wire rack . 



Peanut Butter Cookies: 
One cookie, two cookie, I think you never have enough of these

5 comments:

  1. This peanut butter cookies recipe is awesome, yielded the best peanut cookies i've ever had, Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pook, this sounds so delicious. Since I am still a novice in baking, just to check with you on a few things:

    - the baking powder to be used is 1 tablespoon or 1 teaspoon? Looks quite a lot for 1 tbsp.

    - can I assume the peanut butter is added in the second step?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, it's the right recipe ^^, oh! you make me nervous, haha, I had to run to see my book again.
    I think it's because the cookie contains a lot of peanut butter and need a resting time, so the amount of the baking powder is a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And Yes the peanut butter adding in the second step., thank you for correcting me ^^.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pook, thanks for your speedy replies! :D

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...