Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Chicken Farm Baker's Project 21 : Cool & Freshly with A la mode Dessert, Green tea ice cream with white chocolate red bean cake and red bean ganache



As the weather in Thailand is very, very hot, there is nothing better than the ice cream when the situation is like this, haha. For this month, Ball (who is the host), want all of us to make the ice cream and serve it with whatever we think it goes well with.


I like to make the ice cream and make it very often (because all the members of the family love it).

But most of the time, I just serve it plain, (it's easier, haha). So this is the chance for me to think about something more. 
What is the flavor that I want to use? For this moment, I must say the green tea (or Matcha) that I got from my friend last month, and I really want to try it, ^ ^.  My friend said that it's great (and very expensive, haha), because it came from the special tea house. So, I have to test it, to see if the price is matter (and I have to admit that the price is matter when you ask for the quality of the tea, but for the taste of it, it's really up to you, ^  ^).

And I love it, this Matcha is very good, the taste is mellow with a little bitter taste (tea has to be bitter, right? ^ ^), and a great smell too.
So, when the ice cream is great, I have to think about the thing to serve with, and the answering is still in japan, haha. The green tea ice cream usually serve with sweeten red bean  so when I want to go on with the Japanese theme, I end up with the mix and match of the green tea, red bean and chocolate (both dark and white).
I make the white chocolate cake red bean cake and the red bean dark chocolate ganache, because I want to mix the sweet and earthy taste of the green tea ice cream and red bean with the sweet and mellow of the white chocolate and the bitterness of the dark chocolate. 
And the result, ^ ^, it's great! The mixture of the taste is great, they go very well together, and the texture of them are great too. The soft and cool ice cream and the cake make both of them more delicious, and the red bean ganache add the little bitterness, that reduce the sweetness from the ice cream and cake too.


I made this dessert just after the host gave me the project, but if you can see this month, I post it so late, because my computer got a virus!!!
I never had this problem before, and it made me feel very bad, imagine when you can't turn on the computer and you don't know if your document and the picture are alive or not -*-. And I have to admit that I addict to the computer, haha, because I didn't know what to do, and using other people computer is not the answer I think most of us are the same, right?
Anyway I'm lucky enough that all my files are safe, because if they are gone, I think you won't see my project for this month for sure, haha.





 Green tea ice cream with white chocolate red bean cake 
and red bean ganache





Green tea Ice cream


250ml ............................ whole milk
120g ............................... sugar 
......................................... Pinch of salt
500 ml ........................... heavy cream
4 teaspoons ................... matcha (green tea powder)
6 ...................................... large egg yolks


White chocolate red bean cake


100g ............................... Cake flour
½tsp .............................. Baking powder
50g ................................. Unsalted butter
120g ............................... White chocolate, chopped
70g ................................. Sugar
250g .............................. Sweeten red bean
2 ..................................... Egg


Chocolate red bean ganache


50g ................................ Dark chocolate, chopped
95g ................................ Whipping cream
70g ................................ Red bean paste


For serving 
........................................ Sweeten red bean


Make the green tea ice cream:






Warm the milk for 1½ minutes in the microwave, then add the sugar, salt and green tea powder. Pour the mixture into the blender.
Pour the egg yolks into the blender and blend until smooth, for 2 minutes. 





Pour the mixture into back into the saucepan.
Stir the mixture constantly over medium heat with a heatproof spatula, scraping the bottom as you stir, until the mixture thickens and coats the spatula (or about 85°C).  






Pour the custard through the strainer and stir it into the cream. Stir until cool over an ice bath.




Chill the mixture thoroughly in the refrigerator, then freeze it in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's instructions.


Make the white chocolate red bean cake:


Preheat the oven to 170°C and line the base of 20x20 cm pan
Sift the 80g of flour with baking powder.




Melt the chocolate and butter over the a bowl of hot water (don't let the bowl touch the water).
Mix the 20g of flour with the red bean to separate it and prevent it to stick together.




Beat the egg with the hand mixer until light then slowly add the sugar and beat until light and thicken.




Pour the chocolate and butter mixture into the egg mixture, fold to combine.
Pour the flour mixture into the egg mixture fold until almost combine, add the red bean and fold to combine.
Pour the mixture into the prepared pan.
Bake for 30-35 minutes (after 25 minutes cover the cake with the aluminium foil to prevent over browning).


Make the chocolate red bean ganache:




Pour the whipping cream into the saucepan and bring to boil.
Take the cream out of the heat and pour over the chopped chocolate wait for 1 minute, and stir to combine.
Put the red bean paste into the chocolate mixture and whisk to combine.


To serve:


Cut the cake and place the ice cream on top, drizzle the ganache on top and sprinkle with the sweeten red bean.





Chicken Farm Baker's Project 21 :
 Cool & Freshly with A la mode Dessert, 
Green tea ice cream with white chocolate red bean cake and red bean ganache

1 comment:

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...