Sunday, December 13, 2009

Strawberry Cheesecake Muffin

It's time for the old magazine's recipe again, I love to keep the old food magazines and find most of them are great (well, not for the food trend, that's out of fashion), but they still give me the good recipe and some inspiration.

The magazine that I use for this time is ................... well it's almost 6 year by now, but I find the recipes are good enough to try. I really want to try this recipe because I always love the taste of the cream cheese, haha, but making cheese cake and eating it seen too much for sometimes. So, the little muffin with the cheesecake flavor is much more better.

I made some adaptation from the original recipe mostly because the original is a jumbo size muffin (you know that I always like small size than big one, haha). And for the cheese cream, I use whipping cream than thickened cream so the texture of it is quite runny.
When fill the paper case with the batter, just fill it to 3/4 of it because after baking, there will be enough space for the cheesecake cream to cover the top.
This muffin is soft and fragrance, the sweetness of the cheesecake cream is going very well with the muffin, well, I feel great that I really have a chance to try this recipe at last!


Strawberry Cheesecake Muffin
Makes 15 (standard muffin)


Muffin

65g
Butter
125g
Cream cheese
150g
Sugar
2
Eggs
½ tsp
Vanilla extract
150g
Cake flour
1 tsp
Baking powder
150g
Strawberry (cut into small size)


Cheesecake cream

150g
Cream cheese
50g
Icing sugar
120ml
Whipping cream
½ tsp
Vanilla extract


For decoration


Strawberry


Preheat the oven to 180°C and line 15 standard muffin pans with paper cases.
Sift the flour and baking powder together.
To make the cheesecake cream, place all ingredients in a bowl and beat with electric beaters until thick and combined. Keep refrigerated until ready to use.

Place the butter, cream cheese and caster sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until pale. Add the eggs one at a time, beating after each addition until just combined. Add the vanilla and fold in the flour and a pinch of salt. Dust the sliced strawberries with a little extra flour then stir through the mixture. Spoon into the muffin cases and bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.

Pour the cheesecake cream on top and serve with extra strawberries.

From ABC delicious April 2004


Strawberry Cheesecake Muffin

3 comments:

  1. Hi Pook, Wow your cake is so cute and nice picture taken. I'll add you into my blog listing. Thanks for your great sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi dear,

    i add you as my blog list. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Li shan and lina.
    I'm glad that you like my blog.
    Pook

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...