Monday, June 8, 2009

Soft Apple Roll: Soft bread for easy afternoon

While all the weather still as bad as possible >*< , making bread on a boring day can be a stress relieve session. Imaging the cup of tea in the lazy afternoon with a soft bread that is soft and perfumed.
I always love the baked or boiled apple, I love the sweetness of the fruit and the softness of the texture (well, I always love the soft food, haha, someone told me that I love baby food and yes, I do, ^ ^). If your apple is sweet you might reduce the sugar when boiling it, but do not omit the sugar, because the bread flavor depends on the flavor of the filling.

This bread is very soft due to the portion of the cake flour, which is low in the protein, if you love bread with soft texture you might like this kind of bread.
So, I hope most of you have all the ingredients in the pantry, why not go into the kitchen and start making this fragrance bread. This afternoon can be one of the best, hot tea and sweet bread, well, have a good day!



Soft Apple Roll

Makes 18 cm roll


Bread
160g
Bread flour
40g
Cake flour
6g
Instant yeast
40g
Sugar
2g
Salt
10g
Dried milk
10g
Unsalted butter
1
Egg
80g
Water
Egg wash
1egg + 1 tbsp water
Filling
230g
Apple (peeled and cut)
50g
Sugar
1tsp
Lemon juice
100ml
Water
½ tsp
Vanilla extract
Icing glaze
Icing sugar
water



Make the filling:

Put all the ingredients into a small pan, bring to boil and reduce the heat.
Boil until most of the water almost evaporate, remove from the heat and let cool completely.

Make the dough:
Put all the dry ingredient into the bowl, whisk to combine. Pour the water and egg into the bowl.
Use large spoon (or pastry scraper) to mix everything together, and knead briefly to bring all the ingredients together.
Take the dough out of the bowl and knead, you will see the dough will be elastic after about 2 minutes.
Add the butter and knead by using the heel of your hands to compress and push the dough away from you, then fold it back over itself. Give the dough a little turn and repeat. Put the weight of your body into the motion and get into a rhythm. Keep folding over and compressing the dough. Knead for 10-15 minutes or until the dough is soft, pliable, smooth and slightly shiny, almost satiny.
Put the dough into a light buttered bowl. Let the dough rise in a warm place until double in size (can be 1 hour or 1 hour and a half check often depend on the temperature).

Brush 18 cm round pan with butter.
Roll the dough into 20x30 cm square.


Spread the apple over the dough, then roll into the cylinder.
Cut into 6 pieces and place into the prepared pan.
Let the dough rise until almost double in size.

Preheat the oven to 180°C.
When the dough is ready, brush with egg wash, then put the dough into the oven.
Bake for 25 minutes, or until the dough is golden brown.
Let the bread cool on the wire rack.

Mix the icing sugar with water and drizzle over the roll.


Soft Apple Roll: Soft bread for easy afternoon

8 comments:

  1. Hi there,
    I love how you put the step-by-step pictorial guide to your recipe. I'm gonna try out this recipe today. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I LOVE your website. The step-by-step guide is fabulous. I'm not a good baker.. always ended up with some flops project... but I seriously think I can try ur recipes coz it seems simple enuf! LOL... fingers crossed. Will be trying this Apple Roll this weekend ... again, fingers crossed. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi... u r awesome. I really like ur blog, u just make baking looks easier.

    Evy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Good morning, may I know what is Dried Milk?
    Thank you for your sharing!

    En

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi u...i've tried this recipe n it turned out very well..tq for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! This is what I have been looking for! I have been searching the web for a new recipe to try. I will definately try this one! I'll let you know how it turns out! by the way, I love all yof your recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you for yet another great recipe. I just made these rolls and they're so nice and soft, just like you said!! I *heart* daily delicious!!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...