Sunday, May 17, 2009

Mini Blueberry Muffins with Blueberry Yogurt Smoothies: Very Berry Day!

I have a bad habit, every time that I go to Supermarket, I just can't buy only the things in my list. I end up with many many items which I still don't know what to do about them, haha.

The last time I bought a lot of blueberry (and other kinds of fruits >*<) without knowing what they will turn out to be. So I have to find the good way to use it. I remember that last week, when I had a little party with my friends, someone talked about the blueberry muffin. It's not hard to make and it's delicious, ^_^. Then I decided to make the muffin. I always love mini size so I use my favorite mini cheese cake pan to create the mini blueberry muffin but if you use the standard muffin pan you will get 5-6 pieces than 10 pieces. But morning won't be complete without a cup of refreshing smoothies, so to make the great start, I suggest the blueberry yogurt smoothie! Well, a glass of smoothie and a piece of muffin, it's the good day.


Mini Blueberry Muffins

Makes 10


160g
All-purpose flour
80g
Sugar
1¼ tsp
Baking powder
⅛ tsp
Baking soda
¼ tsp
Salt
½ tsp
Cinnamon
125 ml
Milk
65g
Unsalted butter (melted)
1
Egg
100g
Blueberry (fresh or frozen)


Preheat the oven to 200°C. Line the mini cheese cake pan with paper cups.

Pour the milk and egg into the melted butter, whisk to combine.

Whisk the dry ingredients together.
Pour the butter mixture into the dry ingredients, mix together with rubber spatula.
Stir just until blended.
Add 65g of the blueberry.



Stir just until evenly incorporated, then scoop the batter into the prepared pans.
Sprinkle the reserved blueberry on top.
Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, about 15-20 minutes.
Let the muffin rest in the pan for 3-5 minutes then remove.


Blueberry Yogurt Smoothies

Serves 2


60 ml
Milk
80 g
Plain yogurt
120g
Frozen blueberry
1-2 tbsp
Honey

Fresh blueberry for sprinkle on top

Mint for decoration


Put all the ingredients in the blender and process until smooth.
Pour the smoothie into the glass sprinkle the fresh blueberry on top and decorate with mint leaf.

From: たかこ@caramel milk tea カフェのデザートとランチのレシピ by Takako Inada


Mini Blueberry Muffins with Blueberry Yogurt Smoothies: Very Berry Day!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Pook! I recently discovered your blog and it is gorgeous. I really like all your ideas. I recently used your banana roll cake with mascarpone as a model for something I was making. I am currently attending a cooking school in Tokyo, so I like seeing your suggestions for Japanese cookbooks as well. AND your pictures are always SO amazing! What kind of camera do you use??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hihi...

    Im gonna try out the blueberry muffins.. im a muffin fan..any idea how to make good chocolate muffin ??

    Mico

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pook,

    Always enjoy popping over at ur blog. I m not a great baker but wld like to try out certain recipes for my family. May i know can i use fresh blueberry to make the smoothies s i dny know where to get frozen ones.
    Thks

    Florence.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Tim
    I use CANON EOS 300, ^ ^.

    Hi, Anonymous ^ ^ Both of you haha.

    About the chocolate muffin, I have a mini one in my blog.

    And for the smoothie, if you can't find the frozen one, just place the fresh in the small baking sheet and put in the freezer.
    The frozen one is good in this recipe because it's cool, ^_^.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi I baked muffin, but turn out hard, I don't why? this is not 1st time, don't where go wrong? how to know it not over mix?
    Thank you.

    En

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's easy to overmix it, so just stop when you see that the flour is all moist. It will look lumpy, but it will turn out fine after baking.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...