Sunday, March 29, 2009

Lime Sorbet: Tangy sorbet to brighten up your day!

The weather in Thailand is very hot and I got a request from my sister to make her Ice Cream. Because she didn't want to eat anything creamy so she order me to make lime sorbet, and yes I like the idea too.
I think lime sorbet is very good for a hot day (not only the sorbet, cool lime juice is great too). The tangy taste make the hot day less hash.
I must admit that the lime that I use is very small and very tangy, I use almost 15 limes (and a lot of elbow grease, haha) to get 180ml of lime juice.

Actually I have to say that the taste of the sorbet can be too tangy for someone (but not for me as I love tangy taste ^ ^), so taste it before churning, if you find your sorbet base is too tangy, just add more water or more sugar (you can go over the limit by adding 90ml of Champagne or sparking wine to dilute the tangy taste) .


Lime Sorbet
Makes about 1 quart


560ml
Water
150g
Sugar
1
Lime, preferably unsprayed
180ml
Freshly squeezed lime juice (from about 9 limes)


In a medium, nonreactive saucepan, mix 1 cup (250ml) of the water with the sugar. Grate the zest of the lime directly into the saucepan. Heat, stirring frequently, until the sugar is completely dissolved. Remove from the heat and add the remaining water 1¼cups (310ml) water, then chill throughly in the refrigerator.
Mix in the lime juice. Freeze in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's instruction.


Lime Sorbet: Tangy sorbet to brighten up your day!

3 comments:

  1. what a nice sorbet. So refreshing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi..amazing blog...can u pls tell me how did you make the green colour heart shaped thing on top of the sorbet?? :) :)

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...