Wednesday, December 31, 2008

CAKE ISPAHAN: Rose Water and Raspberry Cake

Well, after the hard days of last month DB's challenge, now I really want something simple, haha. Actually I got this book a long time ago (it's about 4 months now),
by Pierre Hermé and Julie Andrieu. (The recipe in this book is suitable for home baker, very easy to follow, not the patisserie style).
This is the first recipe from this book and it's great. When baking, the cake filled the kitchen with sweet aroma, the rose fragrance and raspberry fragrance, they are good combination.
I really want to try the recipe that use rose water, my sister bought it for me from Turkey. First I didn't like it, it's too rose, (^ ^), what can I say. Anyway, I found out that after baking the fragrance is more subtle and great.
For this recipe the fresh raspberry is preferred, the color will be brighter and it's drier than the frozen kind.




CAKE ISPAHAN: Rose Water and Raspberry Cake
Makes 24x8 cm cake


Pour le biscuit aux amandes à la rose
160g
Butter
110g
Icing sugar
170g
Almond powder
3
Egg yolks
1
Egg
80g
Cake flour
3
Egg whites
40g
Granulated sugar
25g
Milk
40g
Rose water


Pour la garniture
125g
Fresh raspberries


Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Mix rose water with milk.
Sift the cake flour, set aside.

Cream the butter icing sugar and almond powder in a large mixing bowl until fluffy. Add the egg and egg yolks, beating well. Add the rose water and milk mixture, beat well.

Beat egg whites and granulated sugar until soft peak form.

Use a rubber spatula folding the flour mixture into the butter mixture in alternately with the meringue, stir until just blended.

Pour 1/3 of the batter into the pan, then put the raspberry on top. Pour another 1/3 of the batter and put the raspberry on top of the batter again.
Pour the last part of the batter (the batter will almost equal the top of the tin, you can see that I had to use paper cup for the rest of the batter, my cake pan might be lower than the original recipe).
Bake for 50-60 minutes.


CAKE ISPAHAN: Rose Water and Raspberry Cake

7 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you and family. Nice cake and looking forward to many more nice cakes from your kitchen. :) Have fun making them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you and your loved ones. :) I have tried making this cake today. I couldnt find any raspberry so i used strawberries instead. Mistake :P The strawberries became soggy :) Nevertheless, the taste was terrific. Yummy yummy. Thanks again for sharing the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pook, Happy New Year ! I've always read about rosewater but couldn't find it, when I was in Brunei 2 mths ago, saw a supermarket selling it so I got a bottle, it's from UK, wonder if the aroma is the same ? Will give this recipe a try when I get hold of some raspberry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this looks amazing. I love anything that has rosewater in it, its always a hit! Can I ask you how you get your pictures to look like you do, like in cookbooks to where the main pic is focused but the rest blurry. I have a new camera but I am not that good at taking pics (as you can see in my blog). I would really appreciate any tips you may have. Your blog is so cute, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Happy New Year to you all !

    Hi, Elinluv
    Happy New Year Too.

    Hi, Clarii

    Happy New year!
    I'm so happy that you like it.

    Hi,ganache-ganache

    Happy New Year !
    If it's rose water, I think it's the same.

    Hi,Noor
    About the photograph in my blog, actually, I use auto focus,^ ^, and I use Macro lens.
    But my brother said that if you want to get the same style, you will have to set the shutter speed to low, so the background will blur.

    Sorry that I just can help you much.
    Pook

    ReplyDelete
  6. your bakes are so lovely ~ a new follower.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...