Wednesday, April 2, 2008

White Chocolate and Macadamia Cookies

This is very easy to make and too eat, I have many recipes for making this kind of cookie but some of the too rich to enjoy (one of my recipe is very delicious but I can’t take more than one piece at a time). The cookie is good, not too rich and easy to enjoy. I add salt into the recipe because macadamia is more delicious with salt.

White Chocolate and Macadamia Cookies
Makes about 12

125g
butter, softened
85 g
soft light brown sugar
1 teaspoon
vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon
salt
1
large egg yolk
150 g
Plain flour
75 g
White chocolate chopped
50 g
macadamia nuts
Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4.
Beat together the butter and sugar until it is pale and creamy, either in an electric mixer or, if you are feeling energetic, by hand. Beat in the vanilla extract and egg yolk. Add the flour, white chocolate chunks and chopped nuts. Mix until you have a smooth dough, with the only lumps being the chocolate and nuts.
Using your hands, roll the dough into golf-sized balls and lightly press each one flat on to a greased baking sheet, making sure they are spread slightly apart.
Bake for 12 minutes until golden. Remove from the oven and let cool for a couple of minutes before either eating or cooling completely on a wire rack.

7 comments:

  1. wow.....so lucky cuz I am looking for the recipe that use Macadamia and White choc ka..thanks..I will try soon

    Oh...May I add ur blog in my blog ka?..(but I did ^ ^')

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...one more thing..I saw this book in the bookstore...very nice, was thinking whether I should buy...but I didnt..hehe....maybe have to think again

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I must say, I really love this book and I will try other recipes soon.
    Pook

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have made similar cookies and they were fabulous. Your photos are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for this wonderful recipe. Simple ingredients and fantastic results. I substitute the white chocolate and nuts with chocolate pearls and shavings. Yummy. Thanks:)

    Zanrong

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, are these cookies crunchy or chewy? Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...