Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Creamy mascarpone cheese scones


I have a load of scone recipes on my blog ^^, well it's easy, quick, and most of all delicious!!!


There are a lot of variations for this kind of bake good, savory, sweet, creamy, fruity, etc. Most of the time I create new recipes due to ingredients that I have.  Such as when I have a box of whipping cream that is close to expiring date, I will make a cream biscuit (an American-style recipe it's a close cousin of scones).

And today, I make a new scone recipe because I have mascarpone cheese left from making Tiramisu ^^. 

The first time that I tried, I add a lot of mascarpone but the result was not as good as I wanted, it was dry and heavy. So I have to reduce the amount of cheese to get a light scone with sweetness aroma from the Mascarpone.
The final recipe is lovely and delicious enough that I want to share it with you.  
If you don't have mascarpone in the fridge, buying it for this recipe is still recommended, the sweet aroma of mascarpone cheese will fill the room while baking and make you happy and hungry, haha. 



Creamy mascarpone cheese scones
Makes 10


250 g ................. All-purpose flour
45 g ................... Granulated sugar
12 g ................... Baking powder
1/4 tsp ............... Salt
40 g ................... Unsalted butter, cool, and cut into 1 cm. pieces
90 g ................... Mascarpone cheese
50 g ................... Egg
55 g ................... Milk
............................... Milk for brushing over the scone





Put the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt into a bowl and whisk to combine.


Put the butter into the bowl.


Mix with a scraper or fingertips.


Until the mixture resembles bread crumbs.


Put the mascarpone cheese, egg, and milk into the bowl.


Mix until a dough forms.


Remove from the bowl.


Press lightly and fold the dough 5-6 times.


Cut the dough in half.


Stack the dough together.


Press until the dough reaches 2-2.5 cm. thickness.
Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.

Before baking preheat an oven to 200℃


Dip a 5 cm. Cutter into a bowl of flour.


Cut the dough with the cutter.


Gather the scarp and cut until you use all the dough. You will get about 10 pieces.


Brush the top of the dough with milk.
Bake for 15-16 minutes. in the 200℃ preheated oven.


Let the scone cool on a wire rack before serving.


Creamy mascarpone cheese scones

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...