Friday, December 16, 2022

Pandoro with Mascarpone white chocolate cream

I have a really bad habit as I always get more and more hobbies ^^.

Last month, I started 2 more hobbies, Oil pastel painting, and Calligraphy. I know that I have too many hobbies but every time that I saw something that I like I will be obsessed with it and I can't move on until I start doing it.
Now, I have to wake up earlier so I have enough time to do everything that I want!!!

This bread was one of the things that I wanted to do and it's on my list a long time ago. The first time that I ate it was about 2 years ago when I visited my sister in the UK. At that time, the pandoro that I ate was quite dry, I think that it was cute but I want to eat a richer one.

And this recipe is my answer. A simple one-day recipe that used instant yeast and no need to fold or roll. Because I use only 150 g of flour, I have to hand-knead but if you make a double recipe (or 300 g of flour) and use a stand mixer, your life will be a lot easier than mine, haha, anyway, knead ith hand is not hard. The dough is very sticky but after rising, it will be workable.
I really want you to try this recipe, the bread itself is very yummy!!!!
You can serve it plain, with a load of icing, or with Mascarpone white chocolate cream, it's delicious in every way.



Pandoro with Mascarpone white chocolate cream
Make 4 small pandoro


Pandoro
150 g ..................... Bread flour
27 g ...................... Granulated sugar
6 g ........................ Skim milk powder
1.8 g ..................... Instant yeast*
.............................. Lemon zest from 1 lemon
.............................. Orange zest from half of 1 orange
2.3 g ..................... Salt
72 g ......................Water
27 g ..................... Egg yolks
18 g ..................... Egg whites
50 g ..................... Unsalted butter

Mascarpone white chocolate cream
30 g ..................... White chocolate, finely chopped
15 g ..................... Roasted pistachio, finely chopped
300 g ................... Mascarpone cheese
48 g ..................... Icing sugar
18 g ..................... Grand Marnier (optional)

For serving
.............................. Icing sugar
.............................. Berries

*I use Saf-instant yeast gold (yeast for sweet and rich bread)





Put the bread flour, sugar, skim milk powder, and instant yeast into a bowl and whisk to combine.


Put the lemon zest, orange zest, and salt into the bowl and whisk to combine.


Pour the water, egg yolks, and egg white into the bowl.


Mix to combine.


Remove from the bowl and knead for 8-10 minutes. 


Until the dough passed the windowpane test. 


Put the butter into the dough and knead for 7-8 minutes more.


The dough is very sticky, but it's ok.


Form into a ball.


Put into a bowl, cover, and let it rise for 1 hour.


Fold the dough. Let it rise for 30 minutes.


Fold the dough again and let it rises for 30 minutes more.


When the dough is ready.


Cut into 4 equal pieces.


Roll it into a ball, cover it, and let it rest for 30 minutes more.


I use 4 of samll Pandoro pan (8.2x6.4cm.).
Brush with butter or use an oil spray to grease the molds.


Reroll the dough.




Put the dough into the prepared pans.
Cover and let it rise for 40 minutes.

Preheat the oven to 190℃.


When the dough is ready.
Bake in the preheated oven for 17 minutes.


Remove from the oven.


Turn the bread upside down and let it cool completely.


Put the mascarpone cheese, icing, and Grand Marnier into a bowl and beat until combined.


Pour the white chocolate and roasted pistachio into the bowl.


Fold to combine.


Slice the Pandoro into 5 slices.


Spread the Mascarpone white chocolate cream over the pandoro slices.


Place the largest pandoro slice, cover it with the next largest slice, angle it so that the points of the star tips don't line up, and repeat with the remaining layers.
Sprinkle with the icing sugar and decorate with berries before serving.


Pandoro with Mascarpone white chocolate cream

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...