Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Basque cheesecake: Burnt and delicious cheesecake

 I saw photos of this cheesecake a long time ago, and I really wanted to know what it will taste like.


 The top of the cheesecake is dark and brunt, and I think that it will be bitter. But the truth is, you don't have to bake it until everything brunt, haha, just until the top becomes deep dark brown color is what you need. When baking until the top brown, the sugar+cheese+egg become caramelized and it's the secret to the deliciousness of this cheesecake ^^. 
I wanted to make it a long, long time ago, but it has a load of cream cheese, so I have to be sure that I (and my family) will be able to finish it before start making it. You know that I bake a lot, and I really hate myself if I have to throw it away when I can't eat them all. 
Luckily that I have a new housekeeper, and she (and her son) love all things sweet, haha, so right now, I have a new taster and helper. 
This cheesecake is very, very, and very easy to make, plus there is no flour (yes, it's gluten-free!), the point is don't beat it too much, as the air bubble will expand in a hot oven, and the texture of the cheesecake will be grainy instead of creamy if you beat a lot of air bubbles into the batter. The cake doesn't need a long time in the oven as you use a very high temperature, I use about 30 minutes, but you can use more or less depending on your oven ^^.

NOTE !!!  (it's important) I know that you may some black Basque cheesecake from somewhere but don't let it fool you, dark brown cheesecake may not photogenic as the dark one, but I promise it will be very delicious ^^.

Recipe: Basque cheesecake
สูตรภาษาไทย: บาสก์ชีสเค้ก (ชีสเค้กหน้าไหม้)
日本語のレシピ:バスクチーズケーキ
Youtube: บาสก์ชีสเค้ก (ชีสเค้กหน้าไหม้), Basque cheesecake, バスクチーズケーキ


Basque cheesecake
Makes 16 cm cake



420 g .......................... Cream cheese
1/4 tsp ........................ Salt
1/2 tsp ........................ Vanilla bean paste (or vanilla extract)
135 g ......................... Granulated sugar
3 ................................ Eggs
105 g .......................... Whipping cream





Preheat an oven to 250℃
Line 16 cm round cake pan with baking paper.


 Put cream cheese in a microwavable bowl, and cover with plastic wrap.
Heat in a microwave (600W) for 1.20 minutes.


 Remove from the microwave and beat until smooth.


 Put sugar, salt, and vanilla into the bowl, and beat to combine.


 Pour the eggs into the bowl and beat to combine.


 Pour the whipping cream into the bowl.


 Beat to combine.


 Pour into the prepared pan.


 Bake for 30 minutes (or until the top of the cake become dark brown.


Let it cool completely, then refrigerate until firm.


Basque cheesecake: Burnt and delicious cheesecake

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Thank you for your recipes! I'm from Barcelona. One of the best basque cakes is that one: https://www.spain.info/en/que-quieres/gastronomia/recetas/pastel_vasco.html
    I've made this recipe and is really good (in spanish): http://cocinandocongoizalde.com/2012/11/05/pastel-vasco-euskal-pastela/.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Need to add flour?

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...