Thursday, June 11, 2015

Dairy and Gluten free Maple Yellow corm muffins

 I rarely make gluten free recipe, just because my family members don't have this problem.

I know that for people who're allergic to gluten, eating bread or any bake good is something they have to avoid. Lats week, I talked to my sister (who lives in UK), she said that my nephew has gluten sensitivity and I think it's not a good new -*-. 
Buying gluten free product from supermarket is easy but if you ask me I don't think it's a good choice. You have to add many things (plus something we don't know, haha), to make the bread or any bake goods taste as good as the gluten one. When I finished taking to her, I think about making something gluten free with the ingredient that we know and have. 
I made 5 batches of this recipe until I came up with this one ^^. This recipe has no dairy product, as I use Shortening (I use non-hydrogenated rice barn oil shortening), corn milk and tofu instead. For the flour part I use corn starch and corn meal, both of them are gluten free. I use maple syrup instead of white sugar for lovely fragrance (plus it's natural sugar). But I have to say that it has limitation, it's great on the day that it made. 



 Dairy and Gluten free Maple Yellow corm muffins
Make 7-8 muffins (depend on the size of the pan)


50g ....................................... Corn meal
107g ..................................... Corn starch
1tsp ...................................... Baking powder
1/2tsp ................................... Baking soda 
1/2tsp .................................. Salt
1 ........................................... Egg
90g ....................................... Maple syrup
60g ....................................... Corn milk
50g ....................................... Silken tofu
30g ....................................... Shortening (I use non-hydrogenated shortening)


I use this Shortening  (non-hydrogenated rice barn oil shortening).

Preheat the oven to 200C
Brush the muffin pans with shortening.
Mix the corn starch, corn meal, salt, baking powder and baking soda together.

 Mix the shortening, maple syrup, egg and silken tofu together (the mixture won't be smooth, don't worry).

 Pour the corn starch mixture into the bowl, mix to combine.

 Pour the corn milk into the bowl.

 Mix to combine.

Pour into prepared pan, immediately (the batter will separate if it wait for too long).
Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the top spring back when touch lightly and the the toothpick insert into the center come out clean.
Serve warm, this muffin is best the day that it made.

Dairy and Gluten free Maple Yellow corm muffins

1 comment:

  1. I accidentally discovered this blog and found to contain very good information for me

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...