Monday, September 5, 2011

Honey toasted with chocolate honey sauce: Comforting with a touch of ice cream ^^.

 The melting ice cream over the top of warm crunchy toasted, sweetness of honey, bitterness of dark chocolate, richness of the ice cream, well, I talk about "My Honey Toasted" ^^.

 If I have to say anything about this dessert, it gives you pleasure and comfort ^^. I remember that when I was young (don't ask me when, it's a long long time ago, hehe), I loved to eat the ice cream from the street vender, he always came with coconut milk ice cream and sell it by placing the ice cream over a hot dog bun. At that time I love his ice cream so much that every time that my parent held any ceremony or event, I had to ask them to make sure that his ice cream was in the dessert list ^^. The most favorite flavor is Beer and coconut milk ice cream, but I was a child and eating something with alcohol is not allow so it's a rare chance for me to eat it. May be it's one of the reason that why I always love dessert with some spirit, hehe, it's in my blood!!! Anyway the only thing that connect this story to the honey toast is, they are both ice cream with bread, ^^. 
But there are a lot of different points, first this time I do all the things by myself, the ice cream, the bread and sauce, you can see how far I go from that little girl (except one fact that I still don't know how to make the beer and coconut milk ice cream -*-, where can I find that recipe, tell meeeeeeeeee?). And this time it's the dish that can be enjoy by anyone, but you will be happy to eat it alone and be surprise that you can finish it too, haha. So, plan to do it as a dessert that can be a meal on its own. Actually for the bread, I think brioche will make it super delicious, but when I make it I only have the white bread and too lazy to knead something new and to wait for another day. I have to eat it right now, hehe, that's my feeling. 
I know that not everyone is crazy for chocolate, but for me chocolate is great with almost everything ^^, so instead of eating the traditional Honey toasted I add the chocolate honey sauce to balance the sweetness of the honey too. But if you're not in the mood for chocolate, you can skip it and serve it as a Honey toasted only, it's still delicious.



Honey toasted with chocolate honey sauce
Serve 1



 Ingredients:
1 ...................................... White bread (3 inch-thick), or brioche loaf
4-5tbsp .......................... Butter, soft


Chocolate honey sauce
40ml ............................... Whipping cream
30g .................................. Honey
50g .................................. Dark chocolate (70% cocoa mass), chopped


To serve
1-2 scoop ........................ Vanilla ice cream (or other flavor, up to you ^^)
.......................................... Almond, roasted and chopped
.......................................... Honey
.......................................... Sweeten whipped cream (if you think only ice cream is not enough)



Preheat the oven to 180 °C
Line one baking sheet with baking paper.






Cut the inside of the bread out and cut the inside of the bread into small cubes. 
Spread butter on top of the breads and bread cubes.
Put them in the oven and bake for about 10 -15 minutes, or until golden brown. 
Put the bread cubes into the hole.
Sprinkle the honey on top.


 Make chocolate honey sauce by boiling the cream  with honey and pour the mixture over the chocolate, stir to melt.


To serve:
Place the ice cream (1-2 scoops, you decide, hehe, but I suggest 2 is about the right amount for this), on top of the bread and drizzle with chocolate honey sauce then sprinkle with chopped roasted almond.
Honey toasted with chocolate honey sauce: 
Comforting with a touch of ice cream ^^.

8 comments:

  1. I always loved you presentation... you present soo well! And this dessert looks amazing, I0d love to taste it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Valerie
    Thank you ^^, and this one is a must to try, it's so comforting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woww just amazing, wonderful dessert..

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so creative..this is a great ice cream dessert :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!!! I really loved the presentation a lot. Thanks for sharing the recipe. I will surely try this out.

    Take the Ice Cream Personality Test and find out what ice cream flavor are you as per your personality. I have taken the test and have enjoyed a lot. Hope you too will enjoy it. Have Fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hai there...its really feels malicious yummylicious with all the receipe that u present...great n salute with ur blog..yeeeee...:) im Mama from mamamunny.blogspot looking n lav to try some new kind of receipe....nice to join u dear....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi,

    I was searching for this recipe for a long time; however, I couldn't find it anywhere! thanks for posting the recipe and sharing the fun.

    regards,
    Maryam

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...