Thursday, October 7, 2010

Crumpets with Honey butter: Say "Good morning!" with English style bread

Good morning!, Well, I really want to be the one who shout these words and serve everyone with a delicious breakfast ^^, anyway, I'm not the early bird, haha. 
But even I'm not the one who wake up early, I still can make this bread for breakfast, why? Because it's easy and very quickly to make.
All you have to do is whisk and whisk, ^^, and when the batter is fully combine, cover it and let it rest for 20-30 minutes (depend on the room temperature). While the batter is resting, you can make this honey butter or you can take a nap, haha, it's up to you.
For the honey butter, I try to follow the recipe in the book by boiling it but I fail >*<, maybe the problem is my honey is quite thick, it's become harden after boiling it. So, I chose to mix it into the butter, it's the only thing that I adapt from the original recipe.


I never think that I will love my home made crumpets this much ^^, actually I had tried the crumpet in UK, but I don't 
fancy it, the one from the shop (and supermarket), is dry and tasteless (sorry to use these words). It's a lot better to make it by yourself, the taste is so much better and it's very easy to make it! Because the ingredients list is very short, milk, flour, yeast, sugar and salt, I think most of us have it already in the kitchen, right?


I just can't say more ^^, so I hope you can try it at home, this little British style bread is simple and delicious, serve it warm with butter or jam, and don't forget a cup of hot tea!






Crumpets with Honey butter
Makes 6 (using 8cm ring)





CRUMPETS
250ml ............................. whole milk
200g ............................... plain flour 
1 tsp ................................ Instant yeast 
1 tsp ................................ caster or granulated sugar 
½tsp ............................... table salt 


HONEY BUTTER
3 tbsp ............................. honey 
125g ............................... unsalted butter, at room temperature 
½ tsp .............................. Maldon sea salt


2 tbsp ............................. vegetable oil (for frying)



1. Mix together all the ingredients for the crumpets in a bowl, cover and leave in a warm place to double in volume for 20 minutes (or more, up to the room temperature).









2.  Whilst proving, make the butter. 
Beat the butter until fluffy and pale, add the salt, then fold in the honey. Put the bowl in the fridge.



3. When the crumpet dough has doubled in butter volume, put a large frying pan over a moderate heat, add 1tbsp of the vegetable oil and place three greased metal rings in the pan.







4. Spoon the crumpet mixture into the rings about 1.5 cm high. Allow the undersides to
cook slowly until the mixture has set and the bubbles on top have burst; Repeat with the remaining oil and mixture, then serve with the butter.



Crumpets with Honey butter:
 Say "Good morning!" with English style bread

5 comments:

  1. I would love to have this english style breakfast. The honey butter is great with this crumpet. Will definitely try this out. Thanks for sharing such a lovely breakfast :) love it !

    ReplyDelete
  2. have you try to bake anything with whole wheat pastry flour before?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happythat i found your delicous blog, i think i have been sitting here for the last half hour going through some your delicous bread recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so happy that i found your blog!!
    You have so many recipes that i want too try.. Just have too translate them first!! I love yur bread recipes.. //Milla in Sweden

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for stopping by ^^.
    Pook

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...