Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Ham and Cheese Muffin: I’m sure you can’t say no.


I know there are a lot of ham and cheese recipes in my blog, but what can I do. Whenever they come together, I can’t resist. This time the recipe comes from: ............... which I bought it 2 months ago (and just had a chance to try the recipe now). The book comes from the famous shop name  ........., and the recipes in this book are muffin. Anyway I had to make this recipe 2 times, not because there was a problem from the recipe but the problem comes from the size of the pan.

The first time, I used the standard muffin pan, the muffin wasn’t puff up over the pan and its look was unattractive. Then I see the note in the book, the pan in the book is 3 x 4.2 x 5.5 cm (high x bottom x upper) (-special size, that you can buy from ...............). So if you want to use the standard muffin pan but want the look of the muffin to be better you may have to fill the pan to almost full (the recipe will yield 5 muffins and the baking time will a little bit longer). I’m lucky enough to have small pudding pans which are about 3.5x5x6 cm in their size, so my muffins are not too flat and I still have 6 pieces (^ _^). I’m still want to buy the special size pan (even I have too many of them now, haha), but my friends told me that it’s out of stock, but if you see their muffins I think you will really want to have it too.
The muffins are great and easy to make, and yes like any muffins, it’s great when it’s warm out of the oven (and the cheese still melt, yummy).

Ham and Cheese Muffin
Makes 6 (3.5x5x6 cm pan)


150 g
Cake flour
6 g
Baking powder
1
Egg (medium size)
30 g
Sugar
50 g
Unsalted butter (melted)
70 g
Milk
1 g
Salt
3 slices
Ham (cut into small pieces)
50 g
Cheddar cheese (cut into small dice)

Parsley (chopped)



Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Place the cupcake liners into the pans.
Sift flour, baking powder and salt together, set aside.
Put the egg and sugar in a bowl and place the bowl over the pan of hot water.
With hand mixer beat the egg mixture until very light and fluffy.
Gently pour the milk into the egg mixture using spatula fold to combine, then add the melted butter and fold again.
Pour all the rest ingredients (flour mixture, ham, cheese and parsley), fold just until they incorporate (do not overmix).


Pour the batter into the pan.
Bake for 25 minutes or until lightly browned and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Add Image
Ham and Cheese Muffin: I’m sure you can’t say no.

6 comments:

  1. wow, they look gorgeous! It's a coincidence as I was eating Ham and cheese flavored pretz when I dropped by ur blog!

    I'm usually in love with Ham and Cheese croissant and will definitely try out your ham and cheese muffin!
    I totally agree with you that it's the perfect combination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. does this shop sell the muffin book in english too? i am trying to find a choc chip muffin recipe with a crunchy top but soft inside like the ones at sheknowsmuffin. could you please help me find a recipe? thankyou!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yummy!could you please tell me how you get this muffin cookbook , amazon jp not ship oversea
    thanks
    gigi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, gigi.
    The amazon jp, has an oversea shipping. I order from Amazon too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi dailydelicious,

    did the ham & cheese muffin,

    it was great...

    had replaced parsley with coriander as do not have it at the moment, but still taste awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. just want to tell you i made these on boxing day brunch and they are YUM!
    superawesomedelicious !!!!! thank you for posting this ! with lots of love from singapore !

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...